New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Hi, I'm thinking of buying an 02 Cefiro. It's the V6 Elite model and it's already got 80t kms. Have you had or heard of any problems or breakdowns with this model? What problems should I look for? Comments good or bad all welcome. Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    J-C,

I bought a Cefiro around Feb 2002, right before the new model came out.
    I have 42K mileage on mine today. I am very happy with it. Have had no major repairs on it except for the bushing on the front shocks. No complaints, very good ride, quiet engine, consumes about 6Kms/liter, unleaded. Perhaps it would help to have a more powerful engine. I noticed though that Nissan cars have a rather lower resale value than Honda or Toyota, so getting a 2nd hand Cefiro is good value for money.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Value-for-money it's a good car.. nice and comfy, especially on the highway.

Check the following:
    - engine (for oil leaks)... this can happen to the VQ engine as it hits the 80-100K km mark. It was common with the first gen Cefiros; i'm not sure if it carried on to the latter ones as the '01 and up Cefiros had a slight engine redesign.
    - power locks and stuff if functioning well (the latter Nissans had some glitchy power lock solenoids).

As long as the owner changed the oil regularly and didnt overheat the engine badly then the car should be quite ok.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Thanks for the reply guys.

Please help on 2002 Cefiro Elite comments