New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Good day to all..

im planning to buy mags for my nissan sentra series 3 but i do not know what size is the best for my car..

and i dont know kung anung pcd yun mags? 110 or 114 ba..?

my plan is 17 inc mags.. anu po ba pros and cons pag malaking mags. does this affect yun suspension or etc.... tapos will it affect the number of passenger that is allowed to ride?

are there any differences between 15, 16, & 17 inc mags? also, please advise kung anung size ng tires for the mags?

ilang inches ang ideal pag napalower spring ako..?

(by the way stock pa yun spring ko.. but i will lower it once i make a decision kung anung size..)

Thanks in advance!!!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Its best to use a real lowering spring if you plan to have your car lowered. Cutting your springs shouldnt be an option of yours. Best mags you can find in the market are the rota made ones. Atleast you can be assured if you damaged a piece, you can avail a piece without any problem. If you are going for imported ones, youre only option is to get a pair everyone you damaged a piece. A size 16 with a 205/50/r16 tires would be best for daily use. Size 15 looks small for the body design of b14 sentra

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    but many motorists are turning to auvs, suvs and mpvs, because of our road conditions. i feel it is not a good idea to lower a daily drive car.. but if you are thinking of a show car.. go for it. but no cutting!
    my 88 centavos' worth..

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by AKI125 View Post
    Its best to use a real lowering spring if you plan to have your car lowered. Cutting your springs shouldnt be an option of yours. Best mags you can find in the market are the rota made ones. Atleast you can be assured if you damaged a piece, you can avail a piece without any problem. If you are going for imported ones, youre only option is to get a pair everyone you damaged a piece. A size 16 with a 205/50/r16 tires would be best for daily use. Size 15 looks small for the body design of b14 sentra
    thank you for your reply sir! how about if 17inch for daily use?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    17s for daily use is too harsh for you especially with the present road condition of our road(potholes, uneven roads due to patch up repairs done by our DPWH and local govt units) .

6. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    thank you Sir! if i will be using 16inch mag then i will lower my car.. how many inches kaya ang ideal..? (pero may kasama ko palagi misis ko plus (1) one kid ang helper.. salamat ulet...!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Whatever the drop of the springs you get is the drop you will get unless you use spacers. I used about 2" spacers to raise my car about 1.5" after buying springs. The difference between spacer height and actual height is because the spacers compress under weight.

Best to leave about three or four fingers between the tire and the fender. You don't want the car too low because Sentras have notoriously little wheel travel, and having too low a ride-height will cause the springs to bottom out, which is bad for your shocks.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Ooh! BeFore i forget use gas shocks if you plan to lower your ride. Check if the OEM bump stops are still intact coz you will definitely need it once you lower your car to prevent your shocks from buttoming out. I have a spare 2" drop sprint lowering spring(us made) here for b14 sentra(brand new) if you want.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by AKI125 View Post
    Ooh! BeFore i forget use gas shocks if you plan to lower your ride. Check if the OEM bump stops are still intact coz you will definitely need it once you lower your car to prevent your shocks from buttoming out. I have a spare 2" drop sprint lowering spring(us made) here for b14 sentra(brand new) if you want.
    boss AKI pa pm naman price ng sprint LS mo

to mr. threadstarter: PCD100 po ang series 3, cons lang once na nag lower ka is yung riding comfort pero pros naman is gwapo syempre

to check some car galleries, you can logon to our site (ClubNissanSentra) * CNS.COM Inc. to view members with different mags and tires on their series 3 nissans