New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post
    As per the ad, the radar detector wasn't included in the Sentra sale.

I wonder where's the gadget installed now?
    The Valentine radar/laser detector is not permanently installed. I just stick it to the windshield and power is via the cigarette socket.

I might be using it this weekend ... might give myself a long drive.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^^

GH,

Your laser gun detector detects speed guns as far as what range ?

1km ?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    ^^

GH,

Your laser gun detector detects speed guns as far as what range ?

1km ?

Check the website for their explanation.

http://www.valentine1.com/laserhowto/

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Avid follower po ako ni GH ^^

Kaya ako nag-sign in, napaka passionate niya towards sa mga nissan, na-inlove tuloy ako sa sentra.

Anyways, kung wala na po pagawain dito e2 na po yung kukunin ko. Sa tsikot ko din po bibilin. Money down bukas na bukas kukunin ko na.

http://www.tsikot.biz/nissan-sentra-...for-sale-rush/

Kanina lang po niya pinost, mukhang para saakin talaga.

Saang shop po ba makakabili ng ganoong parts? Yung recommended ninyo?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by IraH927 View Post
    Avid follower po ako ni GH ^^

Kaya ako nag-sign in, napaka passionate niya towards sa mga nissan, na-inlove tuloy ako sa sentra.

Anyways, kung wala na po pagawain dito e2 na po yung kukunin ko. Sa tsikot ko din po bibilin. Money down bukas na bukas kukunin ko na.

Saang shop po ba makakabili ng ganoong parts? Yung recommended ninyo?

Parts? ... matter of looking along the surplus shops along Banawe and getting lucky on certain parts.

As for a B14 Sentra, typically you'll want to change the front grill to a JDM type and the headlights to a clear lens set.

Bumper, a GTS or the bumper used for the Super Touring will have wonders for the look of the typical Super Saloon. Don't forget the side skirts too.

-----------------

If you are serious about buying the car, try to keep your enthusiasm in control. Make sure the car is in good order. No oil leaks, no fluid drips under the engine, no weird noises, all mechanical stuff works smoothly ... otherwise, look for another one.

For fluid drips... you can ask for a test drive then later park the car over a clean length of pavement (works only if the pavement is dry). While waiting, you can take this time to look around the trunk, interior, stereo, engine bay, etc. After 15 to 30 minutes, move the car and check the portion that was under the engine. It should be drip-free (aside from water from the aircon).

You can also try your luck at the various Nissan car forums. Typically there are a few well maintained Sentra B13 or B14 being sold there for reasonable prices.

BTW, I noticed in the pictures of the B14, the tires in the rear look worn down and the alloy wheels look painted (could by my computer screen though). Painted alloy wheels look clean but the paint will start to peel in a few months. Worn out tires will be an added expensive to you. You can use these as price negotiation items.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; June 10th, 2010 at 02:09 AM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002

converted na pala yung windshield wiper nyan.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^^

Oo nga ano.

But I guess you can convert it back ?

Pangit kasi 1 lang. hehe

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Mga sirs!!! Binili ko na siya!!! Ganda ng handling niya at yung hatak... ipapa-align ko nga lang yung steering wheel kasi tabingi na o-OC ako. ^^

*Sir GH: Hindi po siya painted kinutkot ko, metal talaga. Ang may problem lang po sir eh yung isang bolt sa front left tire medyo tabingi. Pero magagawan naman po yung ng paraan diba?

Tanong lang din po uli. Natural lang po ba na sa gitna yung temperature gauge palagi ng Sentra? Ang ang posing na inaalala ko eh yung pag-overheat niya. Kasi kapag hindi naka-aircon tumataas yung temp meter.

I was wondering tuloy kung driving style ko yun o kung ano pa man. Sabi po ng tatay ko baka palagyan na lang daw namin ng coolant. Hindi kaya yung init lang yung dahil sa temp ngayon ng pinas?

Any suggestions po would help... driving style? Coolants? Etc.

Thanks po uli and Godbless. :D

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    *Sir GH: Hindi po siya painted kinutkot ko, metal talaga. Ang may problem lang po sir eh yung isang bolt sa front left tire medyo tabingi. Pero magagawan naman po yung ng paraan diba?
    The wheel stud bolts can be replaced easy enough.

Tanong lang din po uli. Natural lang po ba na sa gitna yung temperature gauge palagi ng Sentra? Ang ang posing na inaalala ko eh yung pag-overheat niya. Kasi kapag hindi naka-aircon tumataas yung temp meter.
    That can be a worry. The temp should not rise beyond middle if the aircon is off or on. This can mean the following:

-the radiator fan might be turning a bit slower than normal
    -the water pump might be turning slow
    -the radiator needs to be serviced or replaced (clogged tubes).

I was wondering tuloy kung driving style ko yun o kung ano pa man. Sabi po ng tatay ko baka palagyan na lang daw namin ng coolant. Hindi kaya yung init lang yung dahil sa temp ngayon ng pinas?

Any suggestions po would help... driving style? Coolants? Etc.
    Coolants will only prevent the water from boiling over (aside from preventing corrosion).

10. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    -the radiator fan might be turning a bit slower than normal
    -the water pump might be turning slow
    -the radiator needs to be serviced or replaced (clogged tubes).
    Salamat po sir GH... :D
    Pa-check ko na lang muna 'to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Performance parts for 1996 Sentra Series 3 Super Saloon