New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    my 03(purchased) patrol is again due for cleaning in its turbo, is it really getting all the oil? i've heard some suggestions and want to know yours and if you did encounter it

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    possible if you are not cooling down your turbo/engine before turning it off...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    i do, but after a while there is retention again and this happens to two of my friends also and i see other patrols also in the casa with the same problem...

tnx VQ

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    that's weird...my boss 03 patrol a/t don't experience it....

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    try doing a long drive once in a while to decarbonize the engine. and don't be shy to run your patrol hard once in a while. its not meant to be babied....hehehe

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vq querol View Post
    my 03(purchased) patrol is again due for cleaning in its turbo, is it really getting all the oil? i've heard some suggestions and want to know yours and if you did encounter it
    Where do you have your turbo cleaned? How much was the cost? Did you replaced any parts?
    Mine also have lots of oil around the turbo. I've already logged 160K kms with my Patrol and I haven't cleaned the turbo yet.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    dude. cuz i have a inhouse mechanic. he took out the turbo of my mk by himself. check out pics
    http://new.photos.yahoo.com/termimin...60762385685805

apparently, there was nothing to clean. only thing i noticed is that the shaft has a little play.

for the oil on the impeller. i guess that normal cuz it come from the breather. be warry if you see a lot of blue smoke comming out of your exhaust. if not. then no worries.

my cost for the pulldown was some machine shop due to one of the nuts broke. i had to bring it to my suki machine shop. p200 including the new nut

patrol turbo