The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Thanks sir Ungas! Very informative..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungas
    2. Nissan OEM parts were pegged at 120,000 before. I think they lowered it down to 105,000. While Hummer Phils. offers an aftermarket package for 90,000.
    hindi ba 200K yung OEM 4WD kit?

4. PE variants had clear lens, driving lights, front facing 3rd row, and other nifty items which became standard on 2003.
    the 4x2 President Edition (not 'Presidential') Patrol have side facing bench seats at the back. only the converted 4x4 PE Patrols or none-PE Patrols have forward facing 3rd row seats. after the 10-seater tax exemption was scrapped, all Patrols (starting 2004 model year) sold are in 4x4 with forward facing 3rd row seats.
    Signature

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    only the converted 4x4 PE Patrols or none-PE Patrols have forward facing 3rd row seats.
    sir boybi, what do you mean by this? does the conversion to 4x4 also includes moving the 3rd row seats? since non-PE Patrols have forward facing 3rd row seats, does this mean it's a 'perk' for a PE Patrol? i mean the President Edition is like a 'Limited Edition', right?

after the 10-seater tax exemption was scrapped, all Patrols (starting 2004 model year) sold are in 4x4 with forward facing 3rd row seats.
    so which is more comfortable being stuck in, the forward facing or the side facing bench seats? which seats more people, the Patrols before the tax exemption was scrapped or those 2004 & up models?

sorry sa madaming questions... i'm considering one kasi...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy Torotot
    sir boybi, what do you mean by this? does the conversion to 4x4 also includes moving the 3rd row seats? since non-PE Patrols have forward facing 3rd row seats, does this mean it's a 'perk' for a PE Patrol? i mean the President Edition is like a 'Limited Edition', right?
    yes. when you have your patrol converted to 4x4 by the dealer, they will also convert the 3rd row seats to forward facing. and what i meant by this statement: "only the converted 4x4 PE Patrols or none-PE Patrols have forward facing 3rd row seats." is that all patrols that were converted to 4x4 will have forward facing 3rd row seats, whether they are PE or none-PE.

so which is more comfortable being stuck in, the forward facing or the side facing bench seats?
    both are not so comfortable for adults, but i find the forward facing a little bit more comfortable because the seat is larger and the backrest can be reclined. the side facing seats have fixed 90 degree back rests which will torture your back in long travels.

which seats more people, the Patrols before the tax exemption was scrapped or those 2004 & up models?
    the patrol is a 7-seater full sized SUV. the seating configuration is 2-3-2. but with the scrapped 10-seater tax exemption, they made it to seat 10 people (2-4-4).
    Signature

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    hindi ba 200K yung OEM 4WD kit?...
    200K ba? Ahehehe, sorry for the wrong info. Sa tagal ko nang tinanong sa casa nalimutan ko na real price. :hiya:

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    nissan north edsa balintawak quoted me PHP 130,000 for the OEM 4x4 conversion. customer discount is 5%. but if an employee/officer/manager there gets it for you, the discount is about 10% to 15%

for now, city driving palang ako so i am happy with the 4x2. this december however it will be back to the province and cross island time. that will be the time for me to assess whether a 4x4 system is necessary.

as for the bench seats, luckily, yung mga sumakay sa third row are short so to them, okay lang yung bench seats. during the drive, i kept on asking them if it was still comfortable and okay naman daw. so for now, no conversions yet to the front facing third row seats are in the pipeline.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez
    nissan north edsa balintawak quoted me PHP 130,000 for the OEM 4x4 conversion. customer discount is 5%. but if an employee/officer/manager there gets it for you, the discount is about 10% to 15%
    does that include the 3rd row seat conversion? if yes, ang laki na ng ibinaba
    Signature

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    boybi -- it does not include the 3rd row seat conversion. P25K ata ang quote sa akin for the 3rd row seat conversion

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    hi 111prez! i'm looking also at a 4x2 Patrol. though the unit i'm looking at has some body damage to one of the doors, though the engine and overall condition seems fine. do you have contacts over at nissan north balintawak i could call for an estimate of repair? need to include the repair cost to my computation... a employee/officer/manager would be better...hehehe. pa-PM na lang po sir..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    boybi -- it does not include the 3rd row seat conversion. P25K ata ang quote sa akin for the 3rd row seat conversion
    pwede na palang walang seat conversion yung 4wd kit. dati kasi kasama dapat. 30K naman yung ginastos ko sa pagconvert ng 3rd row seats.
    Signature

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Patrol reviews