New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Don't worry so much about the 5th gear thingie. Even Pajeros have the same issue. But have you really met anybody that has broken the 5th gear of a Pajero? Even the GEN I boys here have yet to do that. May off-roading pa yan sa lagay na iyan.

An independent set-up can indeed outperform a good old solid axle. But when it comes time for repair and maintenance, a solid axle is hard to beat. Cheaper, too!

Some things I loke about the Patrol:
    *It looks tough pero hindi flasy or mayabang.
    *Madaming hardcore off-road accessories for it (pushbumpers, lockers, gears, you name it).
    *Have you ever seen a Patrol get pulled over by a traffic cop? :mrgreen: .
    *It did not lose its off-roadability for the sake of being more car-like. In fact, it is far from carlike. Way to go!

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mas maganda siguro if it has bigger tires.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I have a 2001 4x2 M/T 3.0 Patrol. I like its size and engine. Malakas pag nag kick-in na yung turbo, malamig pa yung aircon. Ayaw ko lang yung suspension, masyadong bouncy. I get 6.5km/l average.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    uy, great thread and discussion ito for those considering the 2001 and up patrol, like me, hehehehehe

last sunday sa auto cycle show at market market, ang ganda ng mga patrol na naka display sa loob. it was fully loaded (rims, tires, etc)

about the suspension, can this be corrected with say rancho or old man emu shock absorbers?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez
    about the suspension, can this be corrected with say rancho or old man emu shock absorbers?
    mas ok daw ang full OME (Old Man Emu) suspension (shocks and coil springs). which would cost you at least 60K.
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez
    uy, great thread and discussion ito for those considering the 2001 and up patrol, like me, hehehehehe

last sunday sa auto cycle show at market market, ang ganda ng mga patrol na naka display sa loob. it was fully loaded (rims, tires, etc)

Sa F150 effective ang Rancho (na sakyan kona lambot compare sa original) ,dunno sa Patrol pero sabi sa casa maraming nagpalit ng rancho ok naman daw,

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    here are some reviews of the patrol from Top Gear:

http://www.topgear.com/jsp/roadtestS...de=D0&rCode=B3

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Matagtag talaga ang solid axles kahit anong after market brands pa piliin nyo. Based from my experiments with other branded versus OE coils/shocks. OEM parts & settings is the most comfortable ride. Unless you'd invest in after market brands which offers longer running time and much more well suited for each purposes.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Hi guys! I'm also considering the 2001 & up Nissan Patrol. I have some questions as well, which i couldn't find answers yet:

- I heard the Patrol is very good offroad, is this only true for the 4x4?
    - How much is the approx. cost of conversion from 4x2 to 4x4?
    - What's the engine of the 2001/02 model? ZD30?
    - What's the difference between the 2001 & 2002 Presidential Edition and the regular release of the Patrol for those same years?

that's it for now... thanks!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1. Yes, 4x2 models can't tackle what a 4x4 can do.
    2. Nissan OEM parts were pegged at 120,000 before. I think they lowered it down to 105,000. While Hummer Phils. offers an aftermarket package for 90,000.
    3. All GU/Y61 Patrols released locally had ZD30 for diesel and TB45 for gas.
    4. PE variants had clear lens, driving lights, front facing 3rd row, and other nifty items which became standard on 2003.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Patrol reviews