New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    probably something to do with the power steering system kasi ang f150 lariat at navigator di naman ganyan..

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ok naman steering ng patrol ah.. kahit mabigat ang patrol -- magaan ang manibela.

nagkaroon na ng problem patrol namen.. sa injection -- 5 months pa lang.

tagal din sa kasa kasi walang parts.. -- kaya pinahiram muna kami ng cefiro ng nissan!!

sarap ding i-drive..!!8)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt
    5th gear for the M/T is prone to stripping daw because the splines of that gear are thin (especially when towing something on the highway in 5th gear
    Using 5th gear is usually NOT recommended for towing, regardless of the vehicle make or type. Partly because of the gear spline damage issue and inability of the vehicle to engine brake effectively.

Since the Land Cruisers have recently turned to IFS, many 4 wheelers have turned to the Patrol because of its old but more reliable rigid axle system.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hero,

nakupow the TB45 gas patrol will probably have worse consumption than an expedition... notorious ang gas patrols for burning through gas in australia. siguro nasa 2.7-4 km/L city lang yan...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    v6 lang ung gas nun diba?

dapat v8 na un.. 4.5L na eh.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kiper18,

not necessarily... it's a long-stroke inline-6, inline arrangement for block strength and long-stroke and large displacement for great torque. it's really a truck engine from the ground up. the largest gas engine for the GU patrol is the 4.8L version of the now superseded 4.5L inline-6

Freeman,

thanks for the info... that's the feedback from the aussie peeps, and apparently, from the message board, the "5th-gear issue" is the most major issue concerning the GU patrol. i think they said Nissan had offered a redesigned 5th-gear cluster for warranty claimants

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt
    i think they said Nissan had offered a redesigned 5th-gear cluster for warranty claimants
    kasama ba dito nissan philippines?
    Signature

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    boybi,

i have no idea... since 2002 lang sumikat yung patrol dito sa atin, maybe it was already built with the beefed-up 5th gear? early 1997 pa kasi inintroduce yung GU patrol sa australia, though the aussies say that even the late models have problems i think

siguro hindi naman magiging problema dito yan kasi we don't tow anything here, and we don't use 5th gear much relative to the aussies hehehe

try visiting www.overlander.com.au, go to the forum, and search for "Patrol" so you can read up on their comments yourself

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    gusto ata ng nissan parang truck =)

pati yung 4800 gu patrol v6 din. performance wise ni-review ng overlander yung patrol, talo siya sa LC100 saka sa new Range Rover. yung new Range Rover very nice daw off-road, better than many other SUVs na live-axle kahit all independent sya.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it's an inline-6, not a V6

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Patrol reviews