New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    This one falls on the I-Told-You-So-Department. My cousin who now owns a former company patrol, which was given to him by my uncle a couple of weeks back has experienced minor clutch slippage since it was handed over to him. My cousin changed his tires, which cost him a lot of wad. The clutch slippage was minimal then but my cousin decided to postpone his clutch replacement, since "puwede pa daw" (he was quite taken aback by Ungas' quotation on an oem clutch disk- about 12,000 bucks or so). I told him weeks ago that one of these days that thing would embarass you and cause you hassle. Indeed it did ! Yesterday, while driving up Session Road, it happened. He stopped in the middle of Session, just before the pedestrian lane to give way to some people. When he was about to move forward, the patrol was inching its way up the pedestrian lane despite the rev of the engine, he knew instantly that it was his clutch. He stopped at the middle of the pedestrian lane, angry motorists behind him were honking wild. He told me it took about 2 minutes of honking before they could back up and overtake him. A police came over and asked him what the matter was, he explained, lo and behold! The traffic police gave him a ticket for obstructing traffic ! He couldn't argue his case since the police gave him a lecture on responsibilities of owning a vehicle. (Nice policeman, I wish he got the officer's name for a commendation). He surrendered his license without much delay and got a crisp ticket. He managed to make some calls including me, to pull his patrol off the road, i couldn't make it I told him, luckily, his friend (owns a L300 fb) was parked at the Cathedral grounds and came over to tow his patrol. I told them to use 2 fanbelts since they cannot attach the metal hook to the L300.They lashed the fanbelts on one of the L300's rear leaf spring mounts, not sure if it was the left or right (not recommended though, but they had no choice), attached the hook to the fanbelts and hooked the other end of the chain to the patrol's front hook. The fanbelts acted like a spring to minimize shock when the tow chain was stretched while the vehicle was being towed. Believe me, those fan belts are tough, I always use them when I tow vehicles. It's a good thing that the L300 had a couple of old belts in its tool box, my cousin told me later that he cuts those things and glues them on the rear entrance step to prevent people entering and exiting the vehicle from slipping. Anyway, they found their way to a repair shop. He left the patrol there and had them take down the clutch assembly. I still don't know how much will he be spending on the clutch part but the labor for the replacement is 3,750... for the clutch abangan! :D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Ibaloi
    This one falls on the I-Told-You-So-Department. My cousin who now owns a former company patrol, which was given to him by my uncle a couple of weeks back has experienced minor clutch slippage since it was handed over to him. My cousin changed his tires, which cost him a lot of wad. The clutch slippage was minimal then but my cousin decided to postpone his clutch replacement, since "puwede pa daw" (he was quite taken aback by Ungas' quotation on an oem clutch disk- about 12,000 bucks or so). I told him weeks ago that one of these days that thing would embarass you and cause you hassle. Indeed it did ! Yesterday, while driving up Session Road, it happened. He stopped in the middle of Session, just before the pedestrian lane to give way to some people. When he was about to move forward, the patrol was inching its way up the pedestrian lane despite the rev of the engine, he knew instantly that it was his clutch. He stopped at the middle of the pedestrian lane, angry motorists behind him were honking wild. He told me it took about 2 minutes of honking before they could back up and overtake him. A police came over and asked him what the matter was, he explained, lo and behold! The traffic police gave him a ticket for obstructing traffic ! He couldn't argue his case since the police gave him a lecture on responsibilities of owning a vehicle. (Nice policeman, I wish he got the officer's name for a commendation). He surrendered his license without much delay and got a crisp ticket. He managed to make some calls including me, to pull his patrol off the road, i couldn't make it I told him, luckily, his friend (owns a L300 fb) was parked at the Cathedral grounds and came over to tow his patrol. I told them to use 2 fanbelts since they cannot attach the metal hook to the L300.They lashed the fanbelts on one of the L300's rear leaf spring mounts, not sure if it was the left or right (not recommended though, but they had no choice), attached the hook to the fanbelts and hooked the other end of the chain to the patrol's front hook. The fanbelts acted like a spring to minimize shock when the tow chain was stretched while the vehicle was being towed. Believe me, those fan belts are tough, I always use them when I tow vehicles. It's a good thing that the L300 had a couple of old belts in its tool box, my cousin told me later that he cuts those things and glues them on the rear entrance step to prevent people entering and exiting the vehicle from slipping. Anyway, they found their way to a repair shop. He left the patrol there and had them take down the clutch assembly. I still don't know how much will he be spending on the clutch part but the labor for the replacement is 3,750... for the clutch abangan! :D

pre::: madalas ako sa baguio, pls. PM your cel number. I also have a Patrol. ;)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by afrasay
    pre::: madalas ako sa baguio, pls. PM your cel number. I also have a Patrol. ;)

sir Ibaloi..
    sa akin na rin po..
    hehehehehe..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Labor is about the same, mine costs 3500. The oem clutch disc, pressure plate and release bearing will cost another 12K. If he's upthere in Baguio, dealers could add more to the original price tag. The new clutch assembly will run for 80K kms. more for another change.

5. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Afrasay at Wreckless, nag pm na ako., buti pa kayo, may Trolpats na. Kailan kaya ako? Anyway, wala pa akong update as of now. Di din daw siya nakabalik kahapon sa talyer. Tinawagan niya at di pa daw nila bubuksan hangga't nandun siya.

6. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Ok, here's the breakdown , kahapon niya lang nailabas: Labor: 3750, clutch disk oem (aray): 14,500 may discount (15k ang unang presyo), inorder pa diyan sa manila kaya natagalan, ayaw niya nung replacement na 11,000 dito. Yun lang naman pinalitan, ewan ko yung release bearing (ano to?) at ibang parts kung pinalitan din, malamang hindi. Pinakita niya yung pinalitan na clutch, ang kintab! Na libre na siya sa labor ng pagpalit ng axle oil sa harap at likod medyo milky ang kulay niya daw, obvious na may tubig, di ko naitanong kung magkano yung axle oil. Kahit libre ang labor, mahal pa rin. Siguro ang patong nila sa disk ay 5,000.
    Whew! Di ko kaya yang maintenance na ganyan, nalula na ako sa pagpalit niya ng gulong noon. Change oil na nga sa aking sasakyan, eh nangangapa ako, kung minsan, kung nai-uuwi ni erpats yung company service niya, kinukuha ko yung extra oil.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    There are other replacement parts for patrol which is way cheaper. I use replacement 4BE1 disk and pressure plate on my patrol. Its bolt on and after 40kms still no problem.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sobrang taga naman pala yung parts. 12K sa Yen Nissan kumpleto na, clutch disc, pressure plate at may clutch release bearing na.

Patrol Maintenance Part2