New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by aerofreak View Post
    i have a 2004 model 4x2. its a pretty decent suv i must say, the handling, ride comfort and all. not until it was victimized by the wrath of ondoy. now it's totally the opposite. im specially having problems with my transmission. nawawalan ng power nung una while im driving and you have to restart the engine again. i had it serviced by nissan and they changed the acceleration censor. it was good thereafter but after a few weeks, same old problem arose. went back to nissan and they changed an ignition coil(which they took from one of the xtrails they are servicing, as told by the technician). it went back to normal until ive experienced the problem again. this time, seemed like ang hirap mag shift nung gear. minsan from first gear, ayaw nang mag shift. so i have to stop and restart it all over again. had it checked by nissan and was told there's something wrong with the transmission control module. :-( no stocks available yet as a lot of xtrails daw have the same predicament. so i pulled out my car muna from them. one thing that pisses me off now is that i was told hindi nila ginalaw ung oto but the handling is totally different compared to what i was experiencing prior to having it checked the last time by nissan. hirap na ang engine at walang hatak na yung xtrail. bigla nalang nawala ung back up censor, the lights for the transmission, among others. i mean, these are small details na im used to before i have my car checked by nissan the last time and now, its all gone. it all adds up to the whole problem.

im actually planning to dish it out na for good. im not happy with the way things are going with my xtrail, and the service am getting from nissan. dont get me wrong, i superbly adore this car because its so nice to drive and all, but things are slowly changing. am no expert in car parts or whatever, but i know that a lo has to be done for my xtrail to go back to its former glory.
    Ganyan talaga sir pag nabaha. kahit anong brand ng kotse basta nabaha it will have a lot of problems afterwards. swerte nalang kung konti lang ang papaayos pero usually marami talaga pinapalitan kapag nabaha ang isang kotse especially sa electronics. isa isa usually naglalabasan ang problems di sabay sabay. lalo na sa mga sensors isa isa yan kung magloko di sabay sabay. same thing happened sa honda city ng kaibigan ko now he plans to sell it kasi nga sakit ng ulo n binibigay sakanya. transmission din ang problem kahit napalitan na halos lahat kulang nalang yung actual transmission palitan na rin. yung park light, abs, and other warning lights nga nakailaw na permanently. It will take time nga tulad ngsabi mo and hopefully mabilis lang yun.

NINYO
    TEAM NISSAN

basta pag kukuha kayo ng used xtrail be wary og the whirring sound from the alternator pulley and radiator fans...un ang weak point ng sasakyan..

orig nissan alternator pulley: 7550

japan replacement alternator pulley: 3200...but an owner says that his replacement part lasted only 6 months.. will report mine... i had changed that pulley last thursday, jan. 21, 2010...

labor for alternator pulley replacement outside of casa, at banawe: 350.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    have an Xtrail 2.0 since 2005. I also had a problem with the idling, it was very rough specially when the trany is engaged. Casa had the same fix as the others, cleaned the msf air path whatever.. it improved for the next six months but now, after a year, same old rough idling.. beginning to get used to it.. but when it was new up to a couple of years after, the idling was so smooth, sometimes i had the mistake to start the engine, even when it was running already..

another problem is the whirling sound in the engine, same diagnosis by nissan people, alternator pulley.. but instead of having it replaced, i replaced the fan belt. the sound disappeared and save a couple of thousand pesos..

now, my xtrail is very sluggish, even after a change oil. it is running as if a trailer is being tagged along.. ang bigat ng hatak.. when i tried to floor it, the engine just growled and didnt shift to higher gear..

i think the problem can be the transmission fluid, do i need to change it? the odo reads 61k kilometers. or is it the spark plugs? hindi naman palyado ang takbo. the engine rev is okay, its just that the engine rev doesnt transfer to the wheels.. is it the gear changes that is very sluggish? i need your inputs. before i go to casa to have it checked.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Im an owner of an 06 x trail 2.0 4x2 since new i had the same problems;

1.idle problem- corrected by nissan they clean throtle chamber last 08
    i think i have to do it again soon.

2.engine fuel knock ( tope ) - solved by nissan thru electronic consult( they tuned up my car thru computer box)

I was also advised by nissan use only perton xcs- its worth it.tope gone

To get the best performance from your tranny replace ATF with shell dextron atf every 40k kilometers or less

Other than car problem i also experience on nissan centers with poor service quality both on customers and with my car,

[SIZE=7]Nissan libis-WORST I EVEN HAD!!! UNDER WARRANTY CAR KO AYAW NILA PALITAN YUNG ALTERNATOR PULLEY AND RUSTED NA YUNG MUFFLER KO! KASI NAKA MIS DAW AKO NG PERIODIC MAINTENANCE?- ANONG KINALAMAN NG CHANGE OIL SA ALTERNATOR PULLEY AT MUFFLER?!!! PANG GUGULANG!!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=7]then i went to nissan shaw. there they replaced everything. at madali sila kausap. since then nissan shaw na ako. and sa nissan shaw they listen to the customers and works it out to address the problem based on the customer request.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=7]nissan libis bulok![/SIZE]

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    hello guys! i dont own an x-trail, but a grandeur. Share ko lang experience ko. usually pag may whirring sound sa alternator, esp pag nag-rev ka and pag naka on radio, it means may problem lang yung grounding ng sasakyan.

probably nabasa, or kinalawang somewhere. or may mga grounding wires na nagkaloko-loko hehe. maybe u guys can look into that before replacing alternator.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    mga boss ok lng ba pa engine wash ko ang xtrail?tia tips naman po tnx

7. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Hi, I do have a 2005 2.0 4x2 xtrail but not using it so frequently that odometer reading is at 14k only. Handling is good as well as fuel consumption. The only problem that i have is the airconditioning unit sometimes malfunctioning specially when I am in a traffic jam and vehicles are not moving. The coolness will disappear until such time my vehicle is running fast again then it will go back to its normal function. I have not had a chance to look at the aircon blower whenever I experience it because I am always in a middle of a heavy traffic. Any of you guys have this same problem?

^- pacheck mo radiator fan mo, either mabagal or di na naikot......pabugahan mo din ng pressurized water ang condenser kapag nagpalinis ka..

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sherwinlou View Post
    mga boss ok lng ba pa engine wash ko ang xtrail?tia tips naman po tnx
    bago mo pa engine wash patakpan mo na lang ng plastic iyong mga electrical na pwedeng mabasa.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    my aircon compressor is noisy when engaged.. sabi sa isang aircon shop, replacement of the compressor is the answer, brand new would cost about 15K plus palit drier and valve. abutin daw 25k lahat. Wow! ang mahal naman.

anybody knows a shop that repairs compressors? malamig naman ang aircon, maingay lang when rpm reaches 2000 up. aside from the annoying noise, okay naman aircon dahil malamig ang buga.

in case this cant be repaired, anybody knows where i can buy used or surplas compressors? thanks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Nissan X-Trail : any problems with this vehicle?