New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by aga_cruz View Post

Just wondering if this configuration would eventually eased out the jeepneys at least in Metro Manila?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    ano ba top speed ng urvan escapade kung aircon on then 6 pax ang sakay?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    meron kaming 2 urvan escapade.. braking power... meron xang LSPV kaya kahit puno enagaadjust yung drum brakes.. old school EBD.... i have tried 18 ka tao incl me tapos 125 kph tapos almost flat pala gulong ko nun sa right rear (nagstop over kami dun ko pa lng nakita na lumabas na pala ung steel2 ng gulong - -- traumatic experience )

not gud for continuous climbing ung urvan... underpowered... pero for hiways ok na ok... based on experience and according to other drivers esp vehicle for hire drivers - talo daw ang urvan sa akyatan laban sa l300 and kia besta... wag na ecompare sa hiace... crdi na kasi un.. hehehe

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO, the Urvan has pretty good power based on my experience with the TD27. The feedback i get from for-hire drivers is also opposite and that it performs well. What seems to be the culprit is the gearing of the Urvan; The Toyotas (previous gen Hiace) and the L300 has pretty short gear ratios as compared to the Urvan since they're running on smaller engines with less HP and torque... it would be helpful if Nissan placed a tachometer on it so that you could take advantage of the power in the higher rpm range (3K to near 4K rpm) as the TD27 in 4x2 gearing guise has relative good power in its upper rpm range (if you've driven a 4x2 TD27 powered Frontier, you'll see that... it can even rev to redline easily on 1st and 2nd gears). Most likely those who find it underpowered have been shortshifting as its hard to determine the range without a tach.
    Last edited by vinj; April 3rd, 2009 at 02:17 PM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Parang hindi naman comfortable yung upuan niyan. May nakatagilid ala jeepney tapos may nakaharap pa sa likod, nakakahilo. . Sana man lang kagaya nung besta iyan at nung lumang urvan, nakaharap sa front.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Ok na ba top speed ko sa Nissan Urvan 2.7, 130KPH sa Star Tollway? Hanggang don lang ba talaga siya?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    grabe yang 18 seater 5'6" lang ako untog na tuhod ko ano pa kaya yung mas matatangkad sakin huwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by likot View Post
    Ok na ba top speed ko sa Nissan Urvan 2.7, 130KPH sa Star Tollway? Hanggang don lang ba talaga siya?
    up ko lang question ko

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Ang ganda pala ng suspension ng Urvan. We went to Baguio last weekend ang ganda ng handling going up via Kennon Road.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes, it tops out between 130kph and 140kph...

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Nissan Urvan Escapade 2.7