New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    anyone can help.im having a problem with my car.when i set my transmission to drive my rpm goes down until my engine stop same with my aircon. some times it works well sometimes its not.parang pg uminit na engines d n ng iidle up.hope u can help me

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Dealt with a similar issue on my B14 recently. Here are some troubleshooting steps you (or your trusted mechanic) can do.

When you turn the aircon on while in neutral does it drop significantly (more than 200 rpm)? If so, you might need to clean your IACV. I cleaned mine but not after wrecking two allen wrenches as the bolts holding the throttle body were still factory-tightened. If you're not a DIY guy, better have this done professionally.

If the rpm is maintained when aircon is on at neutral, try checking your ignition system. While running, "unplug" the high-tension wires one-by-one and observe any significant stalling in your engine. If you remove a plug with no change in idle, this plu mght be dead or your high tension wire busted. You can check the high tension wire by using a multi-tester for continuity , or by touching it to the valve cover and seeing if electricity jumps. If this is ok, check your plugs and replace if already busted. Worst case is your plugs and high tension wires are ok and your ingintion coil needs to be replaced.

If these are ok, you can check your fuel delivery system. Replace your fuel filter if you haven't done so for more than 2 years. You can also try cleaning your injectors - these are held by two philips screws each. Again, if you're not a DIY guy, beter to have this doen professionaly since the wires/injectors themselves might get damaged.

If fuel delivery is ok, you can check if you're loosing compression. Check first your valve clearances. With the engine off, remove the valve cover and check the gaps between under the camshafts. You would need to turn the crankshaft manually so you are able to check all valves at their closed positions. If there's no gap in any of them, it might be time for a top overhaul.

Hope this helps.

nissan series 3 96 model