New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    good day mga boss,

i'm planning to buy a 2nd hand nissan serena, 2002 or 2003 model,,, ask ko lang po kung matipid ba sa gas?

local and imported po.. anong pong mas ok? thanks po mga sir

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    AFAIK, local version got a gas engine. surplus ones, have the LD20 diesel engine on board. some prefer the N/A than the LD20 turbo. FC is just ok with the diesel variant, around 12-14 km/l. i happened to own one before.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Local version with the SR20DE a/t, malakas sa gas (expect to average 5-6km/L in city traffic). It's also a relative lemon from the feedback i've gotten from some parties (including someone who worked at NMPI).

I got to ride also the diesel Serena (converted) of an officemate and it ran well and he also reported an FC of more than 10km/L. Only thing with this is hit or miss ka with the conversion.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    I don't really know whether mas okay local or imported,

of course if you get local, obviously hindi sha converted and everything but the local units
    aren't the most reliable cars around plus the gas engine is quite thirsty doing only around 5
    to 6km/l.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    obviously, they are referring to the gas A/T version when they put the consumption as well as problem
    with the tranny. The Manual Transmission is reliable and have better mileage at 8km/L city driving.
    So far the rear shocks I have changed with KYB Gas after it went bad, the front stablink have also been replaced.

The imported Serena diesels come with CD20/CD20T engines. The LD20/LD20T engines are for the older Largo/Vanette JDM models.

SR20DE ba talaga yung engine ng local verson? If so, then it has some ooomph under the hood.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    yes, SR20DE yung local. You're right it got power, and rides comfortably upto the 3rd seat row. Fortuneate for me, I've got the manual version.

NISSAN SERENA (matipid po ba sa gas)