New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by simarun View Post
    hows the restoration going? its been a year, i guess its now ready for a car show.
    naku,dami na ulit prob. but inuunti-unti ko muna.masyado malaki gagastusin pag sabay sabay e. a friend told me that he knows a good latero and painter who can restore the body for 50k. is it cheap enough?

i also need to get a 2nd car before i can restore it.maybe a cheap compact car will do. *have any suggestions?).

i need a car kasi to go to work.malayo sa amin e.

so that's the plan for now.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by o0o_tomkat_o0o View Post
    naku,dami na ulit prob. but inuunti-unti ko muna.masyado malaki gagastusin pag sabay sabay e. a friend told me that he knows a good latero and painter who can restore the body for 50k. is it cheap enough?

i also need to get a 2nd car before i can restore it.maybe a cheap compact car will do. *have any suggestions?).

i need a car kasi to go to work.malayo sa amin e.

so that's the plan for now.
    Why not just sell the 89' Sentra and get a more recent vintage car with less problems?

50K for body work? The sentra might not even be worth P50K as is.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Why not just sell the 89' Sentra and get a more recent vintage car with less problems?

50K for body work? The sentra might not even be worth P50K as is.
    Tama bro, sell the car, add mo ung 50k mo, then get a more decent sentra (B13), LEC-PS para less hassle.
    whew laki na ng gastos mo dyan sir, sabi nga nila not worth it

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    50k?? that paintjob should win you transshow awards. in fact, for that kind of money, people should mistake your sentra for a ferrari if they see it from afar.

that's too much. if the car were a larger model, say, a cefiro, well, pwede yun.

pero a sentra? no. maybe 25k hilamos lang with minor panel repairs. there's just no point in restoring a sentra to concours level...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    30k will do bro for a nice paintjob even with major body repairs basta hindi tri-color, overpriced na yung 50k.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by krizian View Post
    30k will do bro for a nice paintjob even with major body repairs basta hindi tri-color, overpriced na yung 50k.
    question lang is, worth pa ba gastusan ng 30k ung oto?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    ok na po. i finally decided not to go with the restoration. nung pina-estimate ko parang bumili na rin ako ng bagong auto. siguro maintain na lang til makahanap ng bago. ok naman sya for city driving e. tsaka na yung pogi points lalo na ngayung taggutom.

i'm looking at Suzuki celerio as option. pinipilit din ni misis e. fuel efficient din at di na kelangang pagandahin.
    actually, fuel efficiency alaga priority ko kaya i resort to restoring my Nissan. parang dumadagdag sa bigat yung mga kalawang na e. at mabilis uminit dahil agnas na ang paint, kaa kelangan lage bukas ang a/c which adds to fuel comsumption.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    di ko pa rin mabitawan ang b12 ko. gusto ko pa ring i-restore kahit paunti unti.buti nga po hindi kame inabot ng baha lst year.nasa nueva ecija pa naman ako nung mangyari un.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    dude, you have to let go... hehe joke.

seriously though, i suggest you sell your b12 and get something with a little more compatibility with the stuff found in banawe these days. like the b13. you can fit a bigger engine in a b13 no problems. may nabasa ako thread dito na yung isang nissan engine, 20k na lang, 1.5L.

napakamura nun. and the b13 will handle and ride better too.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    looks like medyo dinugo ka na sa b12 mo ah. pero if that's your first ride mdyo its hard to let go coz of sentimental value, but you have to think of it over and over kung kailangan ba and practical na gumastos pa. i'm a b12(slx) owner too bought it last feb last yr. and at first sumakit ang ulo ko coz sunod sunod ang gastos..carb - aircon - suspensions..want to sell it nga at the start of this year but my wife doesn't want me to kasi sya ang bumili nun from a friend. consolation lng ng car is bukod sa problema sa carb engine is well kept. also the interior fresh na fresh pa. yung paint lng medyo di kagandahan but tolerable naman kasi wala pang bulok ang kaha. have few upgrades this year, had it lowered(diy), bought b14 ss mags(fits nicely). semi sound setup(diy).

expenses since nung kinuha ang oto:

carb repair: 800 (pero ako lng din ang nakapagpatino)
    suspensions: 3600 (parts and labor)
    mags: 5700 (w/ tires around 60% pa thread)
    aircon: 9000 (bnew sanden compressor, had it converted ayaw ko kasi surplus konti lng difference, mahal bnew ng calsonic)
    cv joint: 1400(both sides na diy labor)
    sound system: kenwood mp3, sansui mono amp, soundstream 170spl (free lang love donations hehehe diy lang din install)
    lowered the ride: diy ulit
    removed the tint: diy

all in all tolerable naman ang gastos and kahit papaano nagkaporma naman ang oto since nung na-drop ko.

forgot pala, we got the car for 23k only 15 months to pay

also bro try to have your car checked by other mechanics mas mainam yung may 2nd opinion. wag natin ibuhos ang tiwala sa isang mechanic lng.. and don't go for the 50k paint job pang showcar na ang price na yan..

please have time to visit this site dami pa naka b12: http://sentraclubph.tk/

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Nissan Sentra SLX '89 Restoration