New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    *tomkat - Whoa!!!! Teka muna - E13 un engine code ng B12 Sentra mo? If I'm not mistaken puro GA series of engines ang B12 Sentras dito sa Philippines. As far as I know the E series of engines was for selected countries lang and the GA series has always been better than the E series anyway - except for the E15T Turbo 1.5. Maybe that's the reason why the previous owner changed the engine kasi walang support for the E series of engines dito sa Pinas?

Stuffed toys in a B12? Pang chicks ang B12 - dont let the B12 turn into a Chick :P hehehe Joke

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterplan96 View Post
    *tomkat - Whoa!!!! Teka muna - E13 un engine code ng B12 Sentra mo? If I'm not mistaken puro GA series of engines ang B12 Sentras dito sa Philippines. As far as I know the E series of engines was for selected countries lang and the GA series has always been better than the E series anyway - except for the E15T Turbo 1.5. Maybe that's the reason why the previous owner changed the engine kasi walang support for the E series of engines dito sa Pinas?

Stuffed toys in a B12? Pang chicks ang B12 - dont let the B12 turn into a Chick :P hehehe Joke

the previous owner changed it from E13 to E15. i don;t know whats the difference except for the name. but it work fine for me. always one-click when starting even on cold days. though i don't know if it's because of the engine or other parts.

with this kind of engine, i don't think my car would be part of the "fast and the furious" nissan B12s. but i like it that way, cruisin-city-driving type of car. so, i guess E15 is fine.(hehe, i still don't the difference between E13 and E15 and i wouldn't probably know the difference when i drive a car with an E13 engine.

the stuff toys are for my gf and her girlfriends riding "Midnight" (my car). i change the seat covers to black and planning to go "black" inside (well the ceiling lamp is white and i think its better that way). so basically, Midnight won't be a chick but would be a pro-chick..

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    This reminds me of my former car a 91' B12 1.6 SGX (all power) which I used as my everyday car from 2001 to 2003, bought it dirt cheap but it did need some work done, luckily the 1st owner did not really intended to sell it but was forced to due to unforseen circumstances hence the engine was newly top overhauled when I got it. but it needed a paint and body repair job, suspension repair and a host of other little problems like windows that did not work. All in all I spent about 70k for the car including all the repairs and used it for the next 2 years without needing any major repair at all. In 2003 I sold the car to upgrade to a 95 Lancer A/T. It was a very reliable car, never broke down on me, oh God... I miss that car

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nissan E13 1270cc Inline4 SOHC
    Nissan E15 1487cc Inline4 SOHC

The E13 produces 59 hp.
    The E13S produces 67 hp
    The E15 produces 69 hp.
    The E15E produces 93 hp.
    The E15ET produces 115 hp.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    This reminds me of my former car a 91' B12 1.6 SGX (all power) which I used as my everyday car from 2001 to 2003, bought it dirt cheap but it did need some work done, luckily the 1st owner did not really intended to sell it but was forced to due to unforseen circumstances hence the engine was newly top overhauled when I got it. but it needed a paint and body repair job, suspension repair and a host of other little problems like windows that did not work. All in all I spent about 70k for the car including all the repairs and used it for the next 2 years without needing any major repair at all. In 2003 I sold the car to upgrade to a 95 Lancer A/T. It was a very reliable car, never broke down on me, oh God... I miss that car
    really?!! you had it all powered?..wow!.. the back windows of my car aren't working..and i also want to change it to a power steering.my friend say it's a lot easier to control a power steering car than "pawis" steering..but i think i would have it body repaired and repaint first.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Nissan E13 1270cc Inline4 SOHC
    Nissan E15 1487cc Inline4 SOHC

The E13 produces 59 hp.
    The E13S produces 67 hp
    The E15 produces 69 hp.
    The E15E produces 93 hp.
    The E15ET produces 115 hp.
    i don't know if mine's an E15, E15E or E15ET. and my speed gauge isn't working so i can't tell my car speed difference when it's loaded (up to six people inside) and not.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by o0o_tomkat_o0o View Post
    really?!! you had it all powered?..wow!.. the back windows of my car aren't working..and i also want to change it to a power steering.my friend say it's a lot easier to control a power steering car than "pawis" steering..but i think i would have it body repaired and repaint first.

i don't know if mine's an E15, E15E or E15ET. and my speed gauge isn't working so i can't tell my car speed difference when it's loaded (up to six people inside) and not.
    Actually standard na sa 1.6 SGX yung all power features, although sira yung power windows nung nakuha ko kaya pinarepair ko pa yun pero yung 2 lang sa harap pinagawa ko since bihira lang may sakay sa likod saka lagi naman naka aircon. although may leak power steering ko di ko na pinagawa since mahina lang yung leak 1 liter lang na power steering fluid ang naubos ko in 2 years.

Yung sa speedometer mo baka naman putol lang yung speedo cable, alam ko mayroon nabibili yan.

Nabasa ko na itong buong thread, napansin ko na gusto mo ipa-flush yung radiator mo, suggestion ko lang pa-overhaul mo na lang radiator kasi luma na rin yung kotse baka di na kaya sa flushing yung mga bara sa radiator saka mura lang naman pa-overhaul yung radiator , siguro mga P500 more or less.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    after ko ipalinis yung radiator ko e i think ok na sya ngayun kasi hindi na nago-overheat altough hindi ko pa na-try pag long drive. kaya ko gusto bumili ng sending unit para sa temp gauge. pero lagi ko pa rin check yung tubig at nire-refill yung sa extrang lalagyan ng tubig kasi walang takip yun sa extrang lalagyan kaya tumatapon pag umaandar ang sasakyan.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by o0o_tomkat_o0o View Post
    after ko ipalinis yung radiator ko e i think ok na sya ngayun kasi hindi na nago-overheat altough hindi ko pa na-try pag long drive. kaya ko gusto bumili ng sending unit para sa temp gauge. pero lagi ko pa rin check yung tubig at nire-refill yung sa extrang lalagyan ng tubig kasi walang takip yun sa extrang lalagyan kaya tumatapon pag umaandar ang sasakyan.
    yung akin dati nagbabawas ng tubig sa radiator, kaya everyday dagdag ako ng tubig sa umaga bago alis ng bahay siguro mga kalahating baso yun every morning. Sa naaalala ko pag nilagyan mo ng tubig yan sa umaga di yan magooverheat kahit maghapon ka pa matrapik at todo aircon mo.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    What I suggested before with the use of Prestone Radiator Cleaner is not a normal radiator flushing that you can get from any Gas station or Auto Shop Nope. This is a Heavy Duty cleaner that you wont see Gas Stations or Auto Shops using, but you can buy from Hardware stores like Ace. This is composed of two part - a powdered cleaning acid that completely removes all calcium and rust inside the radiator and within the water jacket of the engine and restores the radiator flow to when it was brand new - and the second component is another powder that neutralizes the cleaning agent.

Prestone Heavy Duty Radiator Cleaner is more expensive than a normal flushing or "overhaul" but it completely cleans the radiator and you dont remove the radiator or take it apart.

Normal flushing just flushes out the old coolant. Prestone Heavy Duty Radiator Cleaner removes all traces of rust and calcium build-up. Big difference

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    pics naman dyan mga paps...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Nissan Sentra SLX '89 Restoration