New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    ganun tlga. bsta Sentra ang baba. ung exalta namin 2000 model 670 or 650 ata namin nabili

value nya ngayon nsa 300-350 nlg. eh un value na 300 vti 97 plang un.. iba tlga pag honda n toyota buy mo.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka dahil mabilis sila mag change ng model
    This is one of the many reasons. They change model every two years in the US. Kaya maganda lang ang Nissan kung LEASE at hindi BUY, IMHO.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Here, it's mostly bad reputation.

Some of it (like kalampag) is fair, some of it is unfair.

A well-maintained secondhand Sentra will still be a better buy than a beat-up old Corolla... just research your seller.

The Mazda 626 is difficult to get parts for, not as bad as Opels or Daewoos, but you'll have to pay for parts.

The Mazda 323, on the other hand, is not difficult, just need to know the right people. :D

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by jopjop

- Tanong pa ulit ano ba pinag kaiba ng
    toyota 1992 model na XL, XL4-5,XE, GL at GLi, SKD ?

:worried:
    Toyota Corolla XL XE GL and GLi refers to the type of engine and trim level of the car you are getting.

XL & XE are 1.3 & 1.4 liter engines (guys, correct me if I get it wrong)

XL4 & XL5 I think refers to the number of gears it has in its transmission. (guys, correct me if I get it wrong)

GL & GLi are 1.6L carb and 1.6L EFI engines.

Corolla GL are the AE89 type body or whats usually refered to as the 16valve corolla as it was the first 16 valve car to be sold locally.

Corolla GLi would either be the AE101 or the AE111 body. AE101 would be the "big body" version while the AE111 is the one sold between 1998 and 2000. The AE101 is roomier at the back than the AE111. Mechanically, they are very similar so you can swap a lot of mechanical parts between these two.

SKD refers to how it "arrived" in the country. Semi-Knock-Down. Basically it was half-built elsewhere and shipped here to be assembled by toyota philippines and install some amount of locally manufactured parts like wheels, etc.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    kaya magandang bumili ng 2nd hand na sentra .. you get an almost fully loaded na sentra or you get a basic corolla for the same price..

6. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    pansin ko rin na mababa nga ang nissan resale.

kahit ako pag sinabing nissan, first thing that comes to mind is that its a lemon car. nasanay kase ako from my dad(his 89 nissan) and since college about people saying its a bad brand.

as they say "old sins cast long shadows" hirap irebuild uli ang trust

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I actually kinda liked the older Sentras... it's in the Yulon products that I feel they've gone astray... maraming electronics and accessories na Taiwanes manufactured...

It's like with Proton... as long as they kept the Mitsubishi parts, they were okay, but when they introduced Malaysian accessories and electricals...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    Guys can you comment about the new Sentra? Nagtanong ako kanina sa Nissan Dealer but I need to learn about it's background rather comments kung may mga defects or recall.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Nissan Sentra resale value