New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2020
    uhh I don't think so with brand new hahaha. can't afford it right now. budget is already at 120k max hahaha. civic FDs downpayment is 102k +6k php for 4 years (which I believe is a good deal tbh)

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fritzgerald View Post
    main dilemma is the pricing. I am confused whether to purchase an exalta or finance a civic fd for 4 years. car masters, do you think the difference between the two are really night and day?

for comparison sake: the grandeur that i am eyeing is almost just the downpayment for a financed civic fd. i wonder if their difference is worth 4 years of payment lol.
    The Civic FD has a more powerful engine, quicker, and has better handling (sporty). The Civic FD also has bigger interior space. The N16 Exalta/Grandeur has a softer ride and more plush interiors. Both cars are about the same in fuel consumption. The Civic FD has a solid following among tuners so parts will not be an issue later on.

The Civic FD comes out around 390k in total cost but it will be easier to sell later on. You can buy a used Civic FD around 300k or less nowadays if you are looking pay it in cash.

The Exalta/Grandeur has low resale value and we are not sure how much it will sell later on.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by fritzgerald View Post
    uhh I don't think so with brand new hahaha. can't afford it right now. budget is already at 120k max hahaha. civic FDs downpayment is 102k +6k php for 4 years (which I believe is a good deal tbh)
    there's a 1999 sentra asking for 120K in carousell now.
    if it is in as good a condition as the pictures suggest...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Matakaw ata gas exalta better go with sentra?

Sent from my SM-J415GN using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LoweredSUV1945 View Post

The Exalta is the same as the Sentra. It is just named so with its more features compared to the simpler Sentra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by LoweredSUV1945 View Post

i read before, that the AT exaltas/sentras, gargle more gas than their MT counterparts...
    but i suppose this is true of many AT versus MT models.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i read before, that the AT exaltas/sentras, gargle more gas than their MT counterparts...
    but i suppose this is true of many AT versus MT models.
    I had a 2002 Exalta before. It’s no different from the usual compacts now. The newer Civic and Altis are bigger than Sentra/Exalta N16 platform (2001-2008).

I think I was doing around 8-9 km/L which is more like the newer City or Vios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Nissan Sentra Exalta 2002 Reviews