New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    hi guys, im considering getting a 2006 sentra as my first car, and ive heard rumors of sentra na madugo pag may nasira or mahal ang maintenance.Like if for example may nasira you have to change the whole kasi kailangan the whole assembly?and sunod sunod na yung sira niya.

applicable parin ba yun kay 2006?saka bakit mura ang sentra compared to other japan makers?

Thank you sa sasagot =)

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Raff Gutierrez View Post
    hi guys, im considering getting a 2006 sentra as my first car, and ive heard rumors of sentra na madugo pag may nasira or mahal ang maintenance.Like if for example may nasira you have to change the whole kasi kailangan the whole assembly?and sunod sunod na yung sira niya.

applicable parin ba yun kay 2006?saka bakit mura ang sentra compared to other japan makers?

Thank you sa sasagot =)
    i have a 1997 sentra.
    nope, it ain't true na sunod-sunod ang pag-sira.. but parts do tend to ask for replacement from time to time, just like any other car brand of the same age..
    at puede ring tingi ang palit ng piyesa outside the casa. in the casa, any casa, talagang assembly and palit diyan. ni hindi nga marunong maglinis at mag re-gap ng spark plugs sa casa, e..
    sentra parts are not that difficult to source outside the casa.. , although it is not easily available in the sari sari store or the mall.
    your gripe against the sentra might be fuel efficiency.. i have attempted to surf the net for info, but i get differing results.. some say it's ok, others say it's not ok..
    and the lower market price of used sentras is due to market perception, based on the buying market's beliefs, real, historical, and imagined. put it this way.. you can buy a used sentra at a price cheaper than the current market leader's comparable model, and still enjoy comparable luxury.
    so what is my gripe against the sentra? first, medyo malambot ang rear suspension.. sumasayad kapag fully loaded.. second, ang hirap mag-trace ng engine water leak..
    Last edited by dr. d; March 23rd, 2013 at 09:55 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I've had several Sentras. Di totoo madaling masira. Kahit Mazda Familia and 626. I even feel na mas matibay pa sya to some extent sa Corolla big body, which nagkaroon din ako alongside with a Sentra B14. Case in point: Sa Corolla (95 XE & 97 XL) ko, nabali twice ang inner door handles, once nangyari sa left rear outside door handle. Nag fade at naging bloated ang dashboard ko, sumisingaw yung moist sa front windshield, malabo ang gauge readings, bloated and mis-shaped na sidings, di na lang gumana defogger (XE) while yung Sentra SS (92) and Series 3 EX Saloon (97) intact til pakawalan ko mga units. Isama mo na yung 96 Familia ko.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    boss, yung sa maintenance, in comparison sa iba, mas pricey talaga siya?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Raff Gutierrez View Post
    boss, yung sa maintenance, in comparison sa iba, mas pricey talaga siya?
    comparable naman siya. may mas murang piyesa, may mas mahal. but if i may say so, sentra parts are a little bit more expensive than toyota's, because there are more toyota parts around because there are more buyers.. economics of the mass market.. .. but hey, you got your used sentra cheaper, so over the years, it probably just about breaks even or you're still ahead a bit..

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Sa TS - AT or MT ba hanap mo? If you're getting an AT car, it will be much better if you can find a GS model instead of the GX. The Sentra N16 chassis is a bit on the heavy side and a low output 1.3L engine with 4AT ain't going to make wonders with your FC. I had an Exalta GS N16 before (1.6L AT) and I was only doing about 8 km/L but the car offered a very comfortable ride and stable handling on highways. The GX 1.3L AT will do about the same on FC. The GX has a lot less features compared to the GS. With the GS, you get 4-wheel disc brakes, ABS, auto climate control aircon, better insulation, and better seats. Kung MT hanap mo, the GSX 1.6L is the best one you can get for the N16 chassis. With regards to maintenance, madali lang naman hanapan ng parts yung N16 chassis. Sa Banawe, Yen at NisParts yung lagi ko pinupuntahan. Common problem with N16 is its suspension parts so make sure to check suspension bushings regularly. The QG engine (QG13 for GX and QG16 for GS/GSX) requires 95RON fuel (Petron XCS, Shell Nitro, Caltex Gold, SeaOil Extreme 97, etc).

7. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    sir raff, konting dagdag na rin. tanda ko since 1996 model (start of series 3 or b14 variant), iba yung rear suspension ng sentra. multilink beam yata tawag. parang solid beam lang sya, at dahil dun sa beam, ewan ko kung ma classify na independent rear suspension pa rin. dahil dito, less kalapmag na sa likod siya. with regards to parts, halos same cost sa toyota. syempre may mahal, may mura, compared to toyota. ang paniwala ko, kaya ka bibili ng sasakyan, para gamitin. kung maganda resale value, added bobus na lang, pero sa durability, ok naman sya.