New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The safari's orig headlight assembly is know for having poor design and mahina yung labas ng ilaw. How do you remedy this? i bought stronger philips lights pero parng marginal lang yung improvement. do you change the whole assembly? or can you re chrome it? parng nde makintab yng reflectors or ganun ba tlga yun? Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Best to change it. There are aftermarket clear housing/lenses available for the Safari AFAIK.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Any brands in mind? How much more or less per housing?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    the patrol seems to have a universal type headlight. i think Bosch has these types of HL's.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    raybrig also have those for the safaris. i think if you go to banawe, a lot of shops have the headlight assembly, it's just a round head light casing, universal type so it is easy to find one. don't bother rechroming it, just get a new branded one to maximize the headlight illumination.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Go for the Bosch headlight. They are available at "Warren". Around 3k ata.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    subukan mo rin maglagay ng electrical upgrades:

Headlight Wiring Loom Kit

Grounding Kit

Voltage Stabilizer & Grounding Kit Universal

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks for the replies! Went to banawe last weekend and found a lot of headlight assemblies. I didn't notice until now na universal type nga pala yung sa safari. Even the jeepneys use the same type of headlight assembly. Might get a surplus one nalng since ang dami nga and dirt cheap ( mga 800 for both ). Should i get the clear lens or the one with reflectors like the stock lens ( which "help" to spread out the light daw) ?

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    For me I prefer clear lenses. It really helps as compared to the conventional design. Ever noticed that most new vehicles today apply clear lens?

You can also try Wurth Super White bulbs paired with a good wiring kit that comes with ceramic sockets.

Works for me

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For an old school rig like the Safari, I'd still prefer the old school headlamps with a lens matrix pattern like the original. There are reputable brands like DENJI, Raybrig, Bosch, that still make this type of headlamp but with updated reflector technology and matrix pattern while still maintaining that old school look.

I upgrade the wiring on my '02 Patrol. Bigger wires, ceramic sockets, relays. I had it done in Kamias.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Nissan Safari headlight assembly "mahina"