New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    hi
    Paging patrol safari gurus ! hehe. Can anyone help me with my 93 safari? I want to compare my cars ride with another safari with GOOD suspensions. I have no idea kung ok pa ba ride ko or not cuz walang comparison. Medyo matagtag na kasi and im not sure kung ganyan na ba talaga or can improve pa. HIghway driving ok naman smooth pero kung may potholes na shaky. On village humps , when your sitting at the back seat mafefeel mo yung hard thump once the car goes over the hump. parng pinalo ka sa likod.Had old man emu shocks installed pero the guys at the store still insist on changing the coil springs rin. gaganda pa daw yung ride. ( nde ba titigas pa lalo yung springs cuz bago ? ) They say that bec sagging na the new shocks have less room to play.

On one side people say that....
    -matibay springs ng patrol no need to change
    -baka yung type of tire lang matigas kaya matagtag
    - visual inspection ok pa naman de ganun ka sag
    - had it checked sa numerous shops and casa ok pa naman daw.

On the other naman....
    - sagging na daw springs according to RATS4x4 guys will improve ride if i change them - dont know kung marketing lang pero according to reputable shops na pinacheck ko OK pa naman daw no need to change

How do i improve the ride? Or ganito na ba talaga yung ride to begin with? Sorry nakalimutan ko na yung feeling nung brand new pa to e bata pako nun haha. Baka i can meet with safari owners here sa tsikot na willing to checkout my car? test drive? Want to get this over with para wala na doubts in my head kung gaganda pa ba yung ride or normal nato. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    join nissan patrol club of the Philippines and they will give you answer.

safari are solid axle, tune for 4x4

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    join Nissan Patrol Club of the Philis. you will learn a lot with patrol/safari operation.
    Note: safari is tune for 4x4 offroad, its suspension is solid axle, the springs/shocks are factory design for such a ride.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    measure the distance between the bump stop and the axles. most safari springs are sagged na because of the age of the car. have seen and have changed a lot of safari springs to OME because they are sagging already.

Remember a good set of shocks will not overcome a bad set of springs

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    ill try to join the club you guys stated thanks.

ARB: Owww so ganun pla yun. not necessarily if i change the shocks that the ride will automatically improve regardless of sagging springs.

i tried pushing down on the bumpers front and back and it feels soft/bouncy. nde naman siya bouncy na if you push it once it will keep on bouncing after. i tried pushing down on other patrols that i see sa carparks and feel ko mas mahirap tulakin pababa yng cars nila.

takot ko lang na if i change that springs baka tumigas and lalo tumagtag yung car? running on edsa, if i hit 80kph parang nafefeel ko na nagshashake buong car bec of the uneven surface due to patchworks. Not as violent with our 2003 patrol gu.

is it true na mahaba yung OME shocks? It needs a new pair of springs para mas mataas yung height. If mas mataas yung height it has more room for play therefore improved ride? the car really sags when taking on passengers sa likod. More that 2 passengers parang naka lowered na yung car.

ill try to measure the car hieght later. THANKS really appreciate the help!!!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    measured it na. bump stop to axel is 13inches or 33 cm. what does that mean?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    must not be 13 inches, siguro 1.3 inches? measure mo ang sa GU patrol mo then compare the difference. both cars have the same suspension settings. only difference are the spring rates and the shock valving. at least newwer ang GU patrol so hindi pa nag sag ang springs. this will give you an indication na ano dapat ang height ng bump stops ng safari.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ARB View Post
    must not be 13 inches, siguro 1.3 inches? measure mo ang sa GU patrol mo then compare the difference. both cars have the same suspension settings. only difference are the spring rates and the shock valving. at least newwer ang GU patrol so hindi pa nag sag ang springs. this will give you an indication na ano dapat ang height ng bump stops ng safari.
    sorry for the ignorance but i must have misunderstood you ARB hehe. i measured the whole rear spring kasi e. from the upper part to the axel part? where do i start measuring ba? as i recall the bump stop is the rubber thing on the upper part? parang hinde ko kasi ma visualize e thanks!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sa front there is a round rubber inside the coils, I think in the rear its is the same configuration.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    ok thanks. had it checked sa armark and rats both said na nag sag ng 1" yng whole car. gonna get the ome springs na. 1.5" lift

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Nissan Safari 93 rough ride or normal lang?