New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by project_jabroni View Post
    what can i say about my 95 safari?? may PERFOOORMANCE!! yun nga lang maintenance aint no joke!
    sir,
    what mods have you done to your safari so far?and may i ask also kung ilan na tinakbo ng safari nyo?thanks

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    [SIZE=3]how bout the 2000 model safari engine? Ganun din ba consumption sa fuel? What is the engine of a 2000 model safari? And hows much po ba prevailing price ng safari 2000 model? thanks[/SIZE]

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by zoerk888 View Post
    [SIZE=3]how bout the 2000 model safari engine? Ganun din ba consumption sa fuel? What is the engine of a 2000 model safari? And hows much po ba prevailing price ng safari 2000 model? thanks[/SIZE]
    if diesel,i think its engine is the zd30,price for a 2nd hand unit depends pa din cguro sa condition ng unit,sa buy and sell mags it go's for 800k up,mas mahal konte ang 4x4 since its an additioinal kit.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by nikko m View Post
    sir,
    what mods have you done to your safari so far?and may i ask also kung ilan na tinakbo ng safari nyo?thanks
    Boss nikko, sounds lang po mods ng auto ko, other than that wala na..
    stock na stock.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by nikko m View Post
    if diesel,i think its engine is the zd30,price for a 2nd hand unit depends pa din cguro sa condition ng unit,sa buy and sell mags it go's for 800k up,mas mahal konte ang 4x4 since its an additioinal kit.

134,000+ na ODO ko. Dami na din ako na palitan na parts. sobrang gastos..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Jeff, yun safari ko na tenga sa house namen for almost 5 years.. when i decided to use it again pina check ko up sa mekaniko ang mga pinalitan ko lang mga minor na parts. battery, oils, brake pads etc. i guess that's a solid testimony na sobrang durable ng safari..

7. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    i have a 98 model safari, i travel around in it everyday in gravel,muddy,rocky and sometimes no road at all. im from bukidnon, my safari has around 270,000 kms and has no problem at all, i change my oil almost every month due to the long trips i do everyday, 10 liters cya but you can use ordinary diesel oils, kaya the cost is ok.

the parts are expensive but will last for years even in the road conditions i travel in, every time i go to my farm, i travel on rough roads for around 180kms round trip. Its where youll appreciate the solid axle suspension and the coil springs. Stock suspension is very comfortable but will not last long in the kind of terrain i travel. I use bilstein shocks and old man emu coils, never busted the shocks, firmer ride but worth it in tough terrain.

acceleration, sluggish, but when it gets to speed ok naman.off road, its the best in stock compared to the lc80 because of the rear diff lock, its all you need when your stuck in mud or hanged a wheel. ill keep mine for as long as it runs.

sa consumption medyo maaksaya sa city driving, around 5 to 6 kms per liter pero sa highway mga 8kms to a liter depending on the speed. i have a hilux d4d but i could not use it in the terrain im using the safari,it just cand handle the kind of punishment the safari takes almost everyday. and i used to own a 94 safari but the 96 and up model is better and more powerful due to its rotary type injection pump as to the inline injection of the 94 safari. best value for money!!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by safari60 View Post
    i have a 98 model safari, i travel around in it everyday in gravel,muddy,rocky and sometimes no road at all. im from bukidnon, my safari has around 270,000 kms and has no problem at all, i change my oil almost every month due to the long trips i do everyday, 10 liters cya but you can use ordinary diesel oils, kaya the cost is ok.

the parts are expensive but will last for years even in the road conditions i travel in, every time i go to my farm, i travel on rough roads for around 180kms round trip. Its where youll appreciate the solid axle suspension and the coil springs. Stock suspension is very comfortable but will not last long in the kind of terrain i travel. I use bilstein shocks and old man emu coils, never busted the shocks, firmer ride but worth it in tough terrain.

acceleration, sluggish, but when it gets to speed ok naman.off road, its the best in stock compared to the lc80 because of the rear diff lock, its all you need when your stuck in mud or hanged a wheel. ill keep mine for as long as it runs.

sa consumption medyo maaksaya sa city driving, around 5 to 6 kms per liter pero sa highway mga 8kms to a liter depending on the speed. i have a hilux d4d but i could not use it in the terrain im using the safari,it just cand handle the kind of punishment the safari takes almost everyday. and i used to own a 94 safari but the 96 and up model is better and more powerful due to its rotary type injection pump as to the inline injection of the 94 safari. best value for money!!

Right on the dot.

Having no turbo also has its benefits as it increases reliability and engine life.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by project_jabroni View Post
    Jeff, yun safari ko na tenga sa house namen for almost 5 years.. when i decided to use it again pina check ko up sa mekaniko ang mga pinalitan ko lang mga minor na parts. battery, oils, brake pads etc. i guess that's a solid testimony na sobrang durable ng safari..
    solid vehicle,built for punishment!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Nissan Patrol Safari Series 93-98mdl