New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Hello guys, can anybody help me out by giving info's regarding to the Nissan Patrol Safari series? like maintenance costs and specially, fuel consumption? may turbo ba ang engine nito? and for those who have it, what can you say overall bout this vehicle? thanks for your replies...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff101 View Post
    Hello guys, can anybody help me out by giving info's regarding to the Nissan Patrol Safari series? like maintenance costs and specially, fuel consumption? may turbo ba ang engine nito? and for those who have it, what can you say overall bout this vehicle? thanks for your replies...
    my uncle has a 94 model, my cousin had a 98 executive series (unfortunately was carnapped right outside their home).

what can i say? hmm.. sa power walang kabitin bitin. kung mga corolla at civic lang, di ka mapapahiya sa arangkadahan. ang joke nga namin, kayang bumunot ng humps ang makina nito ay 6 cylinder 4.2 liter NA, 5MT. 2H/4H/4L with manual locking front hubs.

sa porma naman, macho. paborito ng mga PSG nung time ni FVR at siguradong nde kayang daragan ng mga PUV sa lansangan.

sa ride, ok lang. coil sprung on all fours pero solid front and rear axles.

sa interior medyo masikip kumpara sa LC80, pero ayos ang aircon sobrang lamig. orig calsonic kasi.

sa FC, hmm.. ang average na nakikita namin nasa 5 km/L lang city driving e (baka nga wala pa). malakas bumatak, pero malakas din lumaklak.. hehe

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    isa lng masasabi ko dito, sobrang tibay talaga ang safari. rides even better than the newer one.

after 160,000km, battery lang ang nasira sa unit namin. suspension, engine and aircon are still in perfect running condition

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Thanks for the very good reliable information... highly appreciated!!!
    May kalakasan nga lang palang uminom ng diesel...

One question, how true is that nissan's spare parts are more expensive than other japanese brand spare parts?

How true is it specially on maintaining a patrol safari?

thanks in advance for your reply....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    basta SUV class mas mahal. ang LC80 mahal din naman.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hi jeff, welcome to tsikot

re consumption, think about it this way, its diesel, hence cheaper. plus for the load/# of passengers you can put inside...5-6km/liter doesn't sound so bad

from experience parts are more expensive but lasts longer.

my only 'minor' gripe is the cost of change oil vs my sedan (8-10liters of oil! 2 oil filters)

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    we've had this car for 10 years and all i can say is ang tibay talaga. transmission already has some bugs in it, hirap siyang pumasok sa 2nd gear; its kinda slow for my taste, but what did you expect from a 2-ton 10yr. old diesel anyway? interior plastics, even when brand new, is on the cheap side. i noticed the car kinda wiggles in high speeds when we drove it to cdo. all things considered, you still cant go wrong with this car, specially if you intend to keep it for a very long time. and it still looks presentable on the road, timeless talaga

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wulf View Post
    my only 'minor' gripe is the cost of change oil vs my sedan (8-10liters of oil! 2 oil filters)
    haha yeah. my tito would buy a box (12's) of motor oil and 2 filters whenever he changes oil. he'd use 10 quarts of oil iirc, and keep the remaining 2 as spare. then theres the occasional fuel and air filters to boot. but its worth it coz this engine is a torque mill. the safari's body will twitch when you rev the engine

parts are expensive but the service life is very good. this series is built like a tank. my uncle's '93 model has not had any major mechanical failures. in fact its still on original shocks, but the ride is still good.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    any other safari owners here?and yeah you guys are right,changing oils and tune ups are bit expensive,10 to 11 liters of oil,2 oil filters and 2 fuel filters.but its really a tough rig.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    what can i say about my 95 safari?? may PERFOOORMANCE!! yun nga lang maintenance aint no joke!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Nissan Patrol Safari Series 93-98mdl