New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    why not get another patrol nalang na diesel din?at least patrol parin....

kahit hindi na ibang tsikot...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rhb
    ... yun lang nga as much as possible ayaw sana ibenta kasi love ng family yung vehicle, kaya I'm trying to see kung pwede yung engine replacement
    bro -- i know the feeling. ang sarap ng patrol, hehehehe. i just got a second hand 2001 diesel GU and its great

i used to have a gas model 1995 patrol safari and was also mulling changing the engine to diesel. according to my nissan mechanic, plug ang play daw yung TD/TB engines na yun. it might be the same with the ZD engines. did you have it checked and assessed by the nissan casa? have the casa or your trusted mechanic (who knows about it) to check it out. baka nga plug and play yan.

also, jappy of hummer philippines was the one recommended to me although i really did not get to push through with the engine replacement project. i just ended up selling the patrol safari

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The diesel engines consume around 6km/L at the average. Try to compute first the price difference on the engine swap and break-even on savings if you switch to diesel.

In switching from gas to diesel, you'll also have to change the tranny, speedo/tach gauge cluster, and fuel pump so it's best to find a complete kit as possible. You'll also have to consider the conditione of the engine if it will need an overhaul, compression check, and the fuel pump/system will need a calibration or other repairs.

From the top of my mind, you can try contacting Jappy (through Alana Motors) as they use the surplus Japan Patrol chassis and engines for their AMC Hammers (as GlennSter mentioned)... maybe they can help you out.

Overall, i'd also stick with the possibility of sourcing a diesel unit Patrol or maybe another diesel powered vehicle (or a small 1300-1600 sedan) if fuel consumption is your concern and it's gonna be used for going about the daily chores. The Patrol diesel will still drink a lot of fuel given the size of the engine and heft of the body.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    *GlennSter:

out of budget kasi to get a brand new patrol, kaya if we go the sell-the-current-vehicle route, malamang ibang brand diesel ang kukunin... pag 2nd hand patrol diesel naman, gusto at least 2001 up na model which we'ld gladly do... anyone want to buy a 2001 Patrol 4.5 gas

*111Prez:

How much na-score mo for the 2001 diesel? Would you also have an idea how much would be a good selling price for the 2001 gas 4.5? Maybe you'ld like a gas Patrol as well para may pair of Patrols ka na both 2001

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ah ganun din pala ang c\konsumo ng diesel???

same as gas lang din...youll just save more or less than 100 pesos....

sir rhb: if i am in your situation, ill sell the gas, then buy a 2nd hand diesel variant =) not a brand new!herhehrehr

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennSter
    ah ganun din pala ang c\konsumo ng diesel???

same as gas lang din...youll just save more or less than 100 pesos....

sir rhb: if i am in your situation, ill sell the gas, then buy a 2nd hand diesel variant =) not a brand new!herhehrehr
    Yup... meron sa Nissan Q. Ave nga na 2nd hand na 2001 gas a/t... 900K+ na yung bentahan. A second hand diesel will go for 1.2-1.3 at the average.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rhb
    *111Prez:

How much na-score mo for the 2001 diesel? Would you also have an idea how much would be a good selling price for the 2001 gas 4.5? Maybe you'ld like a gas Patrol as well para may pair of Patrols ka na both 2001
    bro -- i got my troll for 1.1M with about 37K reading sa odometer. i had the mileage checked with the casa's records and on the level naman, i.e. walang adjustments/manipulations

as for the selling price of the gas, i have no idea but like what vinj posted, siguradong mas mura ito kaysa diesel.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Good for you. Engine swaps are a headache... fuel pumps, mountings, etc... as compared to the 4x2 to 4x4 conversion (AFAIK, dagdagan lang yun ng diff).

Not to mention the fact that the ECUs may not be plug and play. The moment you have to splice harnesses, you can say goodbye to your car for a few weeks more. (Antagail i-trace)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Hmmm, ok, many thanks for the inputs sirs, engine transplant's out kung ganoon, benta nalang and replace. Thanks again!

pa-extra lang.....

sir, sa akin lang..kung gagastos ka ng 200k-500k para sa engine swap na yan, i would suggest nalang na benta mo na ung patrol mo and get a used exact same patrol model na diesel... or a secondhand landcruiser 80 or 100 series na diesel(pero baka way-over ang idadagdag mo kapag LC,e)...or a brand-new fortuner(kung makakatiis ka sa waiting list..pero i know a partially used fortuner na binebenta,parang pinagsawaan lang ng mayari, at nagpalit ng ibang model)..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Nissan Patrol: gas to diesel engine replacement