New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    The Xterra has never been an Isuzu. The first gen was based on the Frontier/Navara. The second gen is based on the Titan platform like the Pathfinder/Frontier/Navara. Wren is correct they should bring the Xterra instead of the Pathfinder because the third row seating for the Pathfinder is not meant for adults unless you really hate your passenger. The Xterra would also be more affordable than the Pathfinder in term of price since it's a notch below the Pathfinder in their US SUV lineup. The Xterra is also not a Navara with a camper shell also since the roof hump allows for stadium seating for second row passengers. I don't know how they will make the Pathfinder compete with the Everest because the setup is closer to the Explorer unless alot of the standard features are removed. The only one Nissan has in the Fortuner/Alterra/Everest price range is the Xterra.
    Yeah, it is. Kindly read post #17 from this thread. Also, I didn't even wrote that the pathfinder is like a navara with a camper shell. And, yes, it may not be a competitor of everest due to its price but what had appealed to me is its 7seat-capacity. If nissan would market the xterra here they should, i think, replace the xtrail with it.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    IMO, the Pathfinder name is a more viable option here. Why?

-Nissan used the name before albeit in their pick-up Eagle lineup. And as such there is already name recall.
    -using the Xterra monicker would create an identity similar to the Alterra. Not good as a marketing ploy.

Ano man ang pinag-iba ito sa Europe and North American market, they can always call this vehicle -the Pathfinder LE.

As in the low-end version.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    IMO, the Pathfinder name is a more viable option here. Why?

-Nissan used the name before albeit in their pick-up Eagle lineup. And as such there is already name recall.
    -using the Xterra monicker would create an identity similar to the Alterra. Not good as a marketing ploy.

Ano man ang pinag-iba ito sa Europe and North American market, they can always call this vehicle -the Pathfinder LE.

As in the low-end version.
    +1!! Agree ako jan that the pathfinder will have a considerable market here than the xterra.
    Haha! Wag naman sana LE kc around 1.5M-1.7M php yung projected price ng pathfinder. Hehe.

4. Join Date
    May 2008
    may nkita akong pathfinder dito sa pinas dati. i don't know if it is self imported or grey market

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by miaerr View Post
    may nkita akong pathfinder dito sa pinas dati. i don't know if it is self imported or grey market
    Baka imported yan.
    Syanga pala, ano ba yung nakita mo: pickup or suv talaga?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Originally Posted by miaerr
    Sa tapat ng u-turn slot roxas blvd sa tapat ng us embassy meron dun lagi nag cross blue plate old pathfinder R50 and new R51 and also toyota sequoia..imo mas makatotohanan magkaroon ng diesel xtrail and R51 pathfinder than xterra because of parts being available already..Given the car-like handling of navara, hopefully the same or much better would result to this pathfinder.. Confirmed na ba next year to lalabas??

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jatcos View Post
    Sa tapat ng u-turn slot roxas blvd sa tapat ng us embassy meron dun lagi nag cross blue plate old pathfinder R50 and new R51 and also toyota sequoia..imo mas makatotohanan magkaroon ng diesel xtrail and R51 pathfinder than xterra because of parts being available already..Given the car-like handling of navara, hopefully the same or much better would result to this pathfinder.. Confirmed na ba next year to lalabas??
    +1 for parts interchangeability and availabilty.
    Sabi sa text ng friend ko lalabas daw pathfinder by 2009. Start na nga ako mag-ipon eh. Hehe.

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    thats what ive said up there, the pathfinder is more logical, since a lot of body components can be obtained from the navarra mold hence lessen the cost of production. But then again, thats just what i think.

But if they can bring the xterra, then much better.

*ot: ive seen a 1st gen (fronteir titanium) xterra several months ago at the fort. And it looks like the pick-up with a fixed camper. Same issue i had looking at the alterra.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If they really do plan to "officially" sell the Pathfinder here next year (2009), the current Pathfinder will be over 4 years old! ...its a Nissan, so I guess thats just normal.

Quote Originally Posted by foifoi05 View Post
    thats what ive said up there, the pathfinder is more logical, since a lot of body components can be obtained from the navarra mold hence lessen the cost of production. But then again, thats just what i think.
    The ASEAN Frontier Navara pickup is made in Thailand.

As far as I know the current gen Pathfinder SUV is only being manufactured in 2 plants.
    (Nissan North America Inc) Smyrna, Tennessee, USA: 4.0 liter V6 gasoline & 5.6 liter V8 gasoline models
    (Nissan Motor Iberica, S.A.) Spain: 2.5 liter diesel & 4.0 liter V6 gasoline models

I also read that nearly every Pathfinder sold outside North America is made in Spain.

I guess that means if the Pathfinder does make it here it won't be priced as low as the Fortuner or Montero Sport, not unless they manufacture it in an ASEAN plant.
    Last edited by AG4; December 29th, 2008 at 05:02 AM.

10. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by PhazotroN View Post
    Baka imported yan.
    Syanga pala, ano ba yung nakita mo: pickup or suv talaga?
    para siyang expedition. Ang laki niya. if it is a pickup, then nakita ko siyang may turtle back. but i'm pretty sure na SUV siya.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Nissan Pathfinder SUV available next year?