New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Fact #1: There is no such thing as a "perfect car". So an ad that clearly states "Nothing to Fix" is BU__S_IT! But this does not mean the car isn't worth buying. It would depend on the amount or repairs the car needs.

You clearly mentioned that you are a noob on car (1st time buyer). Honestly, you may end up as an injured seal in a seafull of sharks. I would STRONGLY suggest (if not insist) that if and when you would check a candidate car, make sure to bring a TRUSTED and KNOWLEDGEABLE technician. In the absence of one, I don't recommend you to make a commital at the least. You have to make sure that there will be a 2nd time where your technician would be present.

Just concerned for your welfare, sid3swip3. Embarrassing it may sound but "Been There, Done That" ako dyan myself dati. Nakaka-trauma.

Good luck!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by sid3swip3 View Post
    ayos.sana ibigay ng seller yung tawad price na hihingin ko :D

nakakatakot lang po kase sa buy and sell eh hinde mo nakikita mismo yung unit.mas appeal pa din kung may picture :D
    Well, when you sked a viewing with the seller, it doesn't mean you are going to buy it. Just tell the seller you are still choosing from other units you will be looking later or the next few days.

Also don't jsut look as the car. Also it's "normal" surroundings matter. Does it have a covered garage? Was it parked under a tree, under the sun? Was it parked in the street?

Sometimes you can check some stuff like oil/fluid leaks simply by looking at the place where it is normally parked. Oily stains means periodic engine leaks.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    Fact #1: There is no such thing as a "perfect car". So an ad that clearly states "Nothing to Fix" is BU__S_IT! But this does not mean the car isn't worth buying. It would depend on the amount or repairs the car needs.

You clearly mentioned that you are a noob on car (1st time buyer). Honestly, you may end up as an injured seal in a seafull of sharks. I would STRONGLY suggest (if not insist) that if and when you would check a candidate car, make sure to bring a TRUSTED and KNOWLEDGEABLE technician. In the absence of one, I don't recommend you to make a commital at the least. You have to make sure that there will be a 2nd time where your technician would be present.

Just concerned for your welfare, sid3swip3. Embarrassing it may sound but "Been There, Done That" ako dyan myself dati. Nakaka-trauma.

Good luck!
    yes i know sir :D

kaya nga hanggang ngayun im thinking pa kung sino sa mga kakilala ko ang marunong at hinde bias when it comes to cars.lalo na kung ayaw nila sa nissan.

pero in fairness sa seller.maybe hinde sya ganun ka techie when it comes to finding the cars faults.he just posts as what he have/has/had experiences with the car.but syempre i will not set aside the fact that a 2nd hand car will always have some defects sooner/later or maybe now after buying the car :D

hirap din kase magdala ng mech lalo na kung tabi tabi lang.wala pa naman ako kakilalang marunong tumingin ng sasakyan.yung iba kase drive lang ng drive.kung may problema ipapaayos nila sa mech.ako kase diy guy ako.hanggang kaya ko gawin, gagawin ko.pinagaaralan ko from simple things para hinde na ako babalik sa mech once nalaman ko na ang problema :D

kaya nung may prob ang motor ko ako ang gumagawa.pero minsan iba pa din yung expert when it comes to engine.hangang computers lang siguro ako.hehe :D

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Well, when you sked a viewing with the seller, it doesn't mean you are going to buy it. Just tell the seller you are still choosing from other units you will be looking later or the next few days.

Also don't jsut look as the car. Also it's "normal" surroundings matter. Does it have a covered garage? Was it parked under a tree, under the sun? Was it parked in the street?

Sometimes you can check some stuff like oil/fluid leaks simply by looking at the place where it is normally parked. Oily stains means periodic engine leaks.
    yan kaya ko na gawin yan.hehe. :D

kung wala lang talaga ako pasok tom, i can check kahit ilalim.kaso may pasok ako.hehe :D

yung papers madali lang mapacheck.andun naman ninang ko sa licensing office ng LTO kaya ako na bahala dun.

hhhmmm i really need to find a mech.but not just any kind of mech.hehe :D

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    update lang.re viewing ng 99 model nissan sentra

well ginamit ko haggling powers ko.pero nagtataka ako kase minsan gumagana, minsan hinde and this time..............hinde sya gumana.hehe :D

unit was fixed and firm at 160k.but before anything else heres the things that i found with the help of my wifes friends uncle :D

1. aircon - malakas sya kahit nasa 1st setting palang.walang amoy.malakas ang buga.
    2. interior - nice and very clean.walang foul smell.all seat covers are still intact.
    3. power flower - power windows, locks ay gumagana.centralized lock na sya.though yung rear left window may need some added oil.pero still working pa din.power steering is good.wala ako naririnig na ingay. hinde hirap sa pagikot.
    4. external body - latang lata.wala ako makitang wave sa paint.though hinde na glossy yung paint.some scratches.a little bump on the black upper part of the front left door.a scratch on the front right near the window.hinde sa mirror.

also did some checking on the front and back hood.ok naman.walang sign of accident
    5. engine - tahimik, walang ingay.quick acceleration pa din.walang sign of leaks.yung mga fans hinde pa nakarekta.so it means gumagana pa yung thermostat.hinde umaangat yung heat sensor sa kalahati.around 1/4 lang yung temp nya.

some rust pero expected na yun.pero hinde naman ganun kadami.i think normal yung may part na may rust.malinis pa makina
    6. shocks - ok na ok pa.dumaan na kame sa humps at holes pero wala naririnig na kalampag.tried the jerking thing on the shocks, it went down up and then stop.it means ok pa yung shocks.
    7. electricals - mukhang ok naman.kase gumagana naman mga signal lights at yung power features.
    8. mileage - well i look into the mileage counter :D nasa 122k kms na ang tinakbo.

i think thats it :D other inspections would be done kung dadalhin ko sa casa para maintenance check na din para sure na wala pa due for replacement.

so what do you think guys?hinde na ako makakatawad pa.hehe :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Nissan noob buyer