New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CARLOver17 View Post
    I guess the introduction of the New Teana is the best move of Nissan. Why? Because it is the only Nissan car which is BEST in its segment. Accord and Camry will get ashamed of themselves when pit against the Teana.

X-Trail is another good import. Because all SUV owners love Xtrail, its sales might trail that of CR-V's, but definitely higher sales than Rav4 and even the New Tucson, which hardly sells. Xtrail will sell because 1) it's a Nissan 2) it's an Xtrail. It's all in the name.
    Wow! Just like reading a Nissan brochure. I'm sure there's a reason out there somewhere, it just needed to be found and posted - or probably hidden between the lines.

I remember the post recommending Honda Civic over other brands, and the only reason he can give is "Because it's a Honda.". WTF!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CARLOver17 View Post
    I guess the introduction of the New Teana is the best move of Nissan. Why? Because it is the only Nissan car which is BEST in its segment. Accord and Camry will get ashamed of themselves when pit against the Teana.

X-Trail is another good import. Because all SUV owners love Xtrail, its sales might trail that of CR-V's, but definitely higher sales than Rav4 and even the New Tucson, which hardly sells. Xtrail will sell because 1) it's a Nissan 2) it's an Xtrail. It's all in the name.

Bluebird Sylphy is not really a 'late model', actually it's only been out for two years globally. Which makes it relatively newer than the current Civic. Though Civic-Corolla will still be the big deal when it's about compacts.

Tiida will be a good addition in the Nissan line-up. But it will surely not overtake the sales of Vios and City. Though it will be biting off a huge chunk of the sales Rio, Accent, Aveo and other less popular subcompacts.

March is not the greatest option because its production has ceased and the newer version will come in the next two years.
    i do not mean any disrespect but it's a big NO! the teana is not the best move of nissan in this respect. Why? Two words: sales volume.

Even assuming if the teana is the best car in this segment compared with the accord and camry, the luxury car segment will be lucky to the stars if they will be able to sell half the volume of their compact class offerings. This is not to mention the added competition of the ever increasing popularity of SUVs and pickup truck sector.

i also find it hard to believe that currently the x-trail outsells the tucson. Any hard data on this? Historically sales of newer models in the same segment sell better. true there may be more sightings of the x-trail but maybe that is because it was introduced way long ago in the market. Also nissan is already eons late like with the sentra in bringing here the facelifted x-trail which is hard to differentiate from the old one from the outside anyway.

Nissan must concentrate on bread and butter mobiles first to make less profitable vehicle(i.e luxury) sales here a viable move.

sir GH hit the nail in the head: Wrong car at the wrong time.

I like their cars but Nissan Philippines wake up! Daig pa ata kayo ng Universal Motors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Nissan new year sale!