New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 118 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1283
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jompec View Post
    Hello po!

I am planning to buy the 2020 Navara EL Calibre 4x2 AT as a daily and also to replace our venerable family car - 96 Toyota Corolla.

Got interested with the Navara due to its ride quality, good looks and value for money. But being a Toyota owner for more than 2 reliable decades, I still have some reservations if ever the Nissan Navara can match the reliability and longevity of a Well-built car from the 90s.

For those who have owned the D23 for a while now, would like to ask some questions:
    - how is the build quality after couple of years?
    - What are the major issues that you encountered in the first 3 years?
    - how is the fuel consumption?
    - is the maintenance cost reasonable?

Thank you for the input!
    Test drive.. steering is a bit ... you'll find out if you want that daily..

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Minsan iba yung tunog ng makina ng navara ko. Minsan din naman rough yung idle. Meaning mas nag vivibrate yung makita yung rpm medyo mas mababa sa 750rpm. Nasa 650 cguro pag nangyayari.

Thrice na nangyari. 19k pa yung takbo ng akin. 2019 EL AT

tsaka minsan yung brakes biglang kumakagat kahit konti lang ang apak. I notice this pag umuulan or mahamog sa umaga.

This is the only vehicle I own na may drum brakes. Is this a trait of drum brakes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Biglang namatay tong thread nato ah

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by suysuy View Post
    Biglang namatay tong thread nato ah

Highest selling truck in the country... nasa ibang channel lng sila hahhaha

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jompec View Post
    Hello po!

I am planning to buy the 2020 Navara EL Calibre 4x2 AT as a daily and also to replace our venerable family car - 96 Toyota Corolla.

Got interested with the Navara due to its ride quality, good looks and value for money. But being a Toyota owner for more than 2 reliable decades, I still have some reservations if ever the Nissan Navara can match the reliability and longevity of a Well-built car from the 90s.

For those who have owned the D23 for a while now, would like to ask some questions:
    - how is the build quality after couple of years?
    - What are the major issues that you encountered in the first 3 years?
    - how is the fuel consumption?
    - is the maintenance cost reasonable?

Thank you for the input!
    mine is 5 years old now. got it may 2015. 47k on the clock.

cold AC
    roomy cabin
    looks
    power

dislikes:
    slow steering/wide turning radius
    huge A-pillar can obstruct outward view
    i don't find the front seats comfortable, especially the headrest
    very basic stereo (which i replaced with a pioneer 2DIN)
    hard to park in tight parking spots as its practically as long as my grandia
    tranny can be jerky or hunts for gears at times
    the suede like interior trimmings attract dirt like a magnet
    weak stock horns (which i replaced with a europa)

maintenance:
    i just follow the casa recommended service intervals - 1k, 5k 10k then every 10k after that. i think it's just the same as my other vehicles, if not slightly cheaper because of the longer intervals. now i just bring it to the gas station for oil changes. i just buy orig filters from banawe or the casa, and buy any oil that meets the required api rating and viscocity specs.

others:
    fc is ok for me. a bit high in the city compared to my innova and fort, but pretty good on long drives.
    mine is still low mileage i would think but haven't had any major issues so far (knock on wood)
    early on there was this weird knocking sound when running over a rough patch. after replacing the steering column, some hoses, and some adjustments, seems ok now (all covered by warranty)
    front shocks now starting to show signs of a leak (no longer covered at this point)
    steering is on the heavy side if you're coming from a car. i've been driving SUVs and AUVs for most of my life so i'm used to it.
    overall its holding up pretty well and i'm quite happy with this purchase.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by ptk675 View Post
    mine is 5 years old now. got it may 2015. 47k on the clock.

cold AC
    roomy cabin
    looks
    power

dislikes:
    slow steering/wide turning radius
    huge A-pillar can obstruct outward view
    i don't find the front seats comfortable, especially the headrest
    very basic stereo (which i replaced with a pioneer 2DIN)
    hard to park in tight parking spots as its practically as long as my grandia
    tranny can be jerky or hunts for gears at times
    the suede like interior trimmings attract dirt like a magnet
    weak stock horns (which i replaced with a europa)

maintenance:
    i just follow the casa recommended service intervals - 1k, 5k 10k then every 10k after that. i think it's just the same as my other vehicles, if not slightly cheaper because of the longer intervals. now i just bring it to the gas station for oil changes. i just buy orig filters from banawe or the casa, and buy any oil that meets the required api rating and viscocity specs.

others:
    fc is ok for me. a bit high in the city compared to my innova and fort, but pretty good on long drives.
    mine is still low mileage i would think but haven't had any major issues so far (knock on wood)
    early on there was this weird knocking sound when running over a rough patch. after replacing the steering column, some hoses, and some adjustments, seems ok now (all covered by warranty)
    front shocks now starting to show signs of a leak (no longer covered at this point)
    steering is on the heavy side if you're coming from a car. i've been driving SUVs and AUVs for most of my life so i'm used to it.
    overall its holding up pretty well and i'm quite happy with this purchase.
    My input on deslikes:
    1. True. Mahirap sa parking dahil sa wide turning radius. It will take 2 or more extra maneuvers on tight parking as compared to my other cars.
    2. Bulky front hood specially on the raised curvy edge styling on the sides. It obstructs driver's view
    3. True. Bulky A-pillar. This is the first thing I noticed the very first time I sat on the driver's seat - plus - the bulky side mirror too close to the A-pillar with very small gap for open view outward.
    4. Problematic on u-turns. Madalas nabibitin. Kapus sa kabig
    5. It does not meet the designed 1ton capacity as advertised as a pick up truck.
    6. The design of steering horn button is bad. It is prone to accidental firing. Madalas napipindot maski wala kang intention bumosina.
    7. No grab handle on the B-pillar for rear passengers
    8. Aside from Dmax, I find it a bit noisy engine as compared to others like hi-lux and ranger

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nelyoung View Post
    2. Bulky front hood specially on the raised curvy edge styling on the sides. It obstructs driver's view
    inisip ko nalang naka Porsche ako

6. The design of steering horn button is bad. It is prone to accidental firing. Madalas napipindot maski wala kang intention bumosina.
    eto pa pala haha tama sir madalas din ako na accidental firing dito

8. Aside from Dmax, I find it a bit noisy engine as compared to others like hi-lux and ranger
    naka timing chain kasi sir kaya maingay. same ng dmax.
    Last edited by ptk675; June 14th, 2020 at 09:59 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    yan din isa ayaw ko sa np300 yung hood, naka bulk nakaka sagabal sa driving vision mo, they sacrifice driving vision para sa overall design ng np300, wide turn radius at medyo heavy steering, what i like is very comfort, i think its the most comfortable pick up right now

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mokong22 View Post
    yan din isa ayaw ko sa np300 yung hood, naka bulk nakaka sagabal sa driving vision mo, they sacrifice driving vision para sa overall design ng np300, wide turn radius at medyo heavy steering, what i like is very comfort, i think its the most comfortable pick up right now
    yan sir ang isa sa pet peeve ko sa lahat ng pick up na na drive ko. ang laki ng turning radius. no doubt aggravated pa with its length.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by ptk675 View Post
    inisip ko nalang naka porsche ako

Eto pa pala haha tama sir madalas din ako na accidental firing dito

Naka timing chain kasi sir kaya maingay. Same ng dmax.
    Hindi pala ako nagiisa sir..
    Going back to accidental firing of horn..nakow!! Nakakahiya sa mga tao or motorist sa harap mo "what for, did you blow ur horn??" tapos tingnan ka ng masama. To stop this, balak ko kalsohan yung horn button sa baba na madalas nasasagi para hindi mag fire. Sa middle ka nalang mag press, wag sa baba.