New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Don't forget to clean the MAF sensor regularly as well. The QG MAF is sensitive to dirt and performance and FC suffers noticeably when it's not clean.
    How exactly do you do this?
    What medium (water? soap? brush? compressed air?) shall I use?

I might want to DIY it after the car's end of warranty this May.
    Im just begining to familirise myself with the QG engine and the N16.
    Thanks...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post
    How exactly do you do this?
    What medium (water? soap? brush? compressed air?) shall I use?

I might want to DIY it after the car's end of warranty this May.
    Im just begining to familirise myself with the QG engine and the N16.
    Thanks...
    there was a nb member who previously posted it in the nb pages (still not up and may never be).

as i recall there is a screw that can be opened, i think he used a wd40 or something....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    DON'T USE WD-40.

The MAF is the first sensor next to the airbox/filter. Unscrew it with the proper allen wrench (its a hex or star design screw i think) then spray the hotwire and its surrounding area with electric contact cleaner (don't touch it). We do this every 10,000kms on our N16 before.

As to NB, sadly i have no updates on whats going to happen but a friend of mine said that it still going to be revived by the Admin. I last heard the Admin doing the work on the site data transfer also got sidelined by some stuff, causing the backlog.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    DON'T USE WD-40.

The MAF is the first sensor next to the airbox/filter. Unscrew it with the proper allen wrench (its a hex or star design screw i think) then spray the hotwire and its surrounding area with electric contact cleaner (don't touch it). We do this every 10,000kms on our N16 before.
    Yep I was quite hesitant on the wd40. Contact cleaner is the way to go (damn ang mahal nun ah) ... Ive learned that Nissan MAP and MAFs are quite supersensitive.. Makes me think of not using fuel additives as well.

Although the casa does this (MAF sensor cleaning), I have no idea how fair their price is compared to DIYs.

As to NB, sadly i have no updates on whats going to happen but a friend of mine said that it still going to be revived by the Admin. I last heard the Admin doing the work on the site data transfer also got sidelined by some stuff, causing the backlog.
    Im new to the Sentra world, and was thinking maybe there's an N16 club out there. Is NissanBayan an online-only, forum type or does it have EBs as well?

OT: Im beginning to love this car, takes the bore out of my previous "H"..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    sir I'm inviting you to join Sentra Club Philippines. This is their site:

www.sentraclubph.tk

There are a lot of nissan enthusiats on that website. The members rides are from b12 to n16 variants... you will learn more from the Sentra guru's there.....

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ATnissansentra View Post
    sir I'm inviting you to join Sentra Club Philippines. This is their site:

www.sentraclubph.tk

There are a lot of nissan enthusiats on that website. The members rides are from b12 to n16 variants... you will learn more from the Sentra guru's there.....
    Thanks for the invitation sir. Will check the site on off-shift. Site restrictions in the office, you know ... Buti nalang hindi access-denied ang tsikot.com dito samin

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post
    San Pedro > Makati > Tagaytay > Malabon > San Pedro ...

(via edsa and slex)

... mine only drank three increments worth in the fuel gauge
    ... one girl passenger and the a/c on...

... we even raced a City on EDSA nung pauwi na ...

Too bad our model of the the GX didn't have a trip meter...

walang trip meter??? kung real time, la talaga, kaya i rely based on full tank to full tank then reset. im enjoying the 10km/l the car is giving. but i really think the hot weather is affecting the engine's response kaya i had to press more.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    I used Shell Helix Ultra 5w-40... my gas consumption improved. Engine sounded more smoother and a bit quiet. When i step on the gas pedal it gives more power than before (felt heavy). Scored 3000 pesos for the 4L oil with free 2GB F1 Ferrari USB drive.... +300 service fee(lahat lahat full check up and cleaned air filter)
    Change my spark plugs as well to Bosch Platinum....
    *Shell Edsa Murphy Cubao near SM Hypermart (previously Makro)

Brand Change:
    I'm wondering if Royal purple or mobil 1 would be a better option for the future?

Synthetic oil variant:
    Would i stick with 5w-40 or change to 0w-40?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Mga sirs I had my Sentra GX for 4 years now. Satisfied naman sa FC niya until napa-tune-up ko siya lately. Parang naging matakaw sa gas ngayon. I tried calculating the FC by using the metering system (sorry dont know what's it called) ung 5.6 liters na kinarga ko parang kaya lang is around 30+ km. Not sure if tama ba ung calculation ko. Pero feel ko talaga naging matakaw siya sa gas ngayon. I need your advice on what should I do...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Same ride tayo sir!

Feeling mo lang yan pap, ang totoo eh nagmahal lang talaga ng husto yung fuel.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
nissan N16 QG13DE GAS GUZZLER?