New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2004

The word of the decade is ‘global.’ As in global platforms shared throughout the world. To this end, Nissan has launched the Livina Geniss at the Beijing Motor Show and sales are expected to begin next month in the Chinese market.

The all-new people mover is the first Nissan that will be released in China before it hits the shores of other countries and overall, it’s a worthy contender in the MPV market. The Livina Geniss gets seven seats, a healthy dose of functionality and luxury, all while being powered by a 1.7-liter in-line four.

The design is of the overtly inoffensive variety taking plenty of cues from other Nissan products.

It’s doubtful that we’ll be seeing the L.G. here in the States, but its platform will certainly underpin a cadre of U.S.-bound vehicles.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004

Recapping what we know, the Livina Geniss is a seven-seat wagon/MPV that'll be be nicely outfitted inside as Nissan blends luxury with practicality. The car's design is pretty inoffensive -- not surprising given that this is, above all else, a family car.

Visually, the front end generates some interest with its oversized headlights and prominent grille, while the chunky front bumper is broken up by a large lower intake opening and nicely-integrated round foglights. A pair of ridges on the hood accent what would otherwise be a pretty vanilla-looking surface.

Power comes from Nissan's new MR18DE 1.8L four cylinder, and it will be built at the Dongfeng Motor Co.'s (DFL) Huadu plant in Guangdong Province.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Why didn't they jump on the AUV bandwagon five years ago? Wonder if Yulon will actually work on bringing this in...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Actually The Nissan Motor Corp Shift Into A Wholesome Auv Wagon Coz For Their Global Market

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    1.8L engine? Hindi kaya medyo kapos yun?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRaf View Post
    parang innova lang

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Already available in Indonesia, coming to Malaysia soon. Philippines???

here's a review http://www.motortrader.com.my/NUS/ar...883/page_m.asp

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbug View Post
    Already available in Indonesia, coming to Malaysia soon. Philippines???

here's a review http://www.motortrader.com.my/NUS/ar...883/page_m.asp

Since HR and MR series engines ang gamit niya, I suspect na kakalabanin niya ang Avanza.

I could be wrong though.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Liit ng makina. Kasinlaki ba yan ng Innova o Avanza?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackraven View Post

Since HR and MR series engines ang gamit niya, I suspect na kakalabanin niya ang Avanza.

I could be wrong though.
    Ayos a, kinuha grills ng Murano Pati kulay!

Nissan Livina Geniss in Beijing