New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    reports/rumors are already saying that the next Strada/Montero will be a rebadged Terra/Navara
    That is sad if that is the case that Mitsubishi will have completely no input in the development of next gen SUV and pickup when it's their bread and butter. When I saw the reveal of the "new" ASX being based on the Renault (forgot the name), I got a bit sad. I thought with their joining the alliance, the ASX would have either adopted more in line with the Rogue/Kicks, rather than something from Renault. But I guess it was the EU market, so maybe it was the more "convenient assembly line". But it doesn't necessarily really mean it was the "wiser" decision.

Going back to the Livina, personally, I do hope the "Alliance" does end up making more modular chassis/frame so the three manufacturer can easily use that as the foundation for future models. I do still hope a Livina, since it is a petrol powered one, could hopefully have a series hybrid option down the line. The Xpander "twin" could still be a petrol exclusive one if Mitsu thinks it is what their market/audience is after still. Remains to be seen.

And with more series hybrids being more "ubiquitous" in ASEAN, I would hope that makes the batteries more "common" should the replacements really be needed 10 years down the line on the first movers who bought the 2nd gen tech of e-Power or whatever it will be branded by Mitsubishi.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    When I visited PIMS this year at the World Trade Center I checked both Livina and new Xpander. Livina had this old Xpander design inside while the new Xpander looked much better inside.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    looks like based nga sa 1st gen xpander ang 2nd gen livina. parang ngang walang design inputs nakuha sa renault eh no?

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by anonemus View Post
    When I visited PIMS this year at the World Trade Center I checked both Livina and new Xpander. Livina had this old Xpander design inside while the new Xpander looked much better inside.
    I do agree with this sentiment. Ika nga, napagiwanan tuloy yung interior ng Nissan Livina dahil based sa first gen pa din implementation nila. I guess that really is the compromise reached with Mitsu so that Nissan PH could even launch the Livina here in our market at all, as a guess. So that it isn't completely seen as a "copy"/"twin" for the regular car shopper who isn't too "in the know" about the car industry "alliances"/brand owners.

I personally feel the Livina will most likely be axed in 5 to 6 years with how behind everything is inside, without price cuts so that it isn't "too in line" or "more expensive" than the current gen "new" Xpander. Maybe a 50k to 100k "savings" would make it reasonable with an apples to apples comparison with the Xpander to entice enough buyers to justify a probably 2nd gen Livina in our market... maybe.

Knowing Nissan PH though, they will keep whatever generation is on stock and just fire sale remaining stocks before axing the lineup completely, like they did with the Sylphy, Teana, and Xtrail. Did I forget anything else? How long did the Almera generation stay in our market? I believe it stayed for at least 7 or 8 years without any significant generational upgrade, before the new Almera was launched. It essentially took the spot of the Sentra 1.3 model in our market that lasted from 2006-ish (I think) to 2012 maybe if memory serves me right?

The NV350 also is still on the old Hiace Platform for maybe 5 or 6 years already with no upgrade/new gen being leaked in the press as far as I am aware. (EDIT: Just checked it launched in June 2015. So it is 7 years old already in our market. For context, Nissan Terra launched in May 2018 and the new (current) generation was launched in September 2021.)

So I am hopeful for the Livina, but I am not expecting it too last TBH, unless they are aggresively pricing it in 3 mos time due to (s)low sales volume.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    this livina seems to be a flop. have you guys seen one running around?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by moneyp View Post
    if it looks too much like the expander, it's probably being mistaken for one.

the previous livina wasn't popular, either.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    The livina is essentially a gen 1 xpander di ba? A result of the merger between Nissan, mitsu, and Renault.

I don't think I've seen any livina doing the rounds in my neck of the woods.

Sent from my RMX3690 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by moneyp View Post
    Not much. I've seen more xpanders than the livina.

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    The livina is essentially a gen 1 xpander di ba? A result of the merger between Nissan, mitsu, and Renault.

I don't think I've seen any livina doing the rounds in my neck of the woods.

Sent from my RMX3690 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Your right. The livina is a rebadged pre facelift xpander. It also uses pre facelift dashboard.

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    Your right. The livina is a rebadged pre facelift xpander. It also uses pre facelift dashboard.
    2022 Xpander GLX naka lumang dashboard pa din.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011