New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    I asked the Nissan sucat SA if the AC system is the same as the Mitsu and he said the AC system is different than the Xpander. Nissan uses it's own ac system in the Livina.
    I would personally want to see this.

Its an A/C system... how different can Nissan get?

What's behind Nissan's reputation for good air-conditioning? | TopGear PH

2. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post

hindi ako naniniwala magkaiba yan, kase sa auto industy ngayon ay isa lang ang supplier ng parts (denso, aisin, bosch, mitsuboshi, murakami, etc), yung car manufacturer tiga design and assemble lang ng sasakyan...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post

since badge engeneered ang livinia na expander i would be more inclined to think na pareho na lang sila ng aircon ng in the interest of cost savings.

pero naalala ko noon tinanong ko si manong mag ai-aircon bakit malamig aircon ng mga nissan. sabi niya medyo oversized ang components like drier evaporator etc. ng calsonic compared to others pero yun nga matagal na iyon.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Finally got a hands on with the Livina VE.Attachment 42671Attachment 42672

I asked the Nissan sucat SA if the AC system is the same as the Mitsu and he said the AC system is different than the Xpander. Nissan uses it's own ac system in the Livina.

My verdict:
    This will sell like pancakes. It's an Xpander with Nissan badges.

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    well,
    it wouldn't be beyond nissan to be different.
    their old sentra sported a serpentine evaporator that was 2-3 times more expensive than the other, more popular type that many of the other cars were using.
    yes, this other one would fit the nissan, but the cold was unripe.

but i wonder,
    which marquee will cause the pancake sale, the nissan, or the mitsubishi?
    Last edited by dr. d; September 29th, 2022 at 03:04 PM.

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    well,
    it wouldn't be beyond nissan to be different.
    their old sentra sported a serpentine evaporator that was 2-3 times more expensive than the other, more popular type that many of the other cars were using.
    yes, this other one would fit the nissan, but the cold was unripe.

but i wonder,
    which marquee will cause the pancake sale, the nissan, or the mitsubishi?
    Personally prefer the front face of the Livina over the Xpander (previous gen). I can't really say yet whether I prefer the Livina's face over the current gen Xpander.

I am kind of doubtful Nissan changed the AC System for the Livina. Isn't this assembled inside a Mitsubishi Assembly Plant (TH?)? The less (concealed parts) they'd have to change, I think would make it simple. So maybe they could "introduce" in future a Zero G Seats TOTL Livina (maybe), one with AVM, and a larger Infotainment screen as a possibility.

But on the internals side (like the compressor and (say) e-Power as a "departure") would make it "more complicated" in the assembly line. So I think it won't happen... Unless the Xpander ends up adopting those Nissan techs/parts in a next gen upgrade after this current one to maintain simplicity in parts in assembly.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Finally got a hands on with the Livina VE.Attachment 42671Attachment 42672

My verdict:
    This will sell like pancakes. It's an Xpander with Nissan badges.

Nah that's BS (AC part).

I doubt it will sell well. Mas mahal pa totl vs totl Xpander but with less features.

Unless yung buyers hindi muna talaga nag research or alam yung Xpander.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Personally prefer the front face of the Livina over the Xpander (previous gen). I can't really say yet whether I prefer the Livina's face over the current gen Xpander.

I am kind of doubtful Nissan changed the AC System for the Livina. Isn't this assembled inside a Mitsubishi Assembly Plant (TH?)? The less (concealed parts) they'd have to change, I think would make it simple. So maybe they could "introduce" in future a Zero G Seats TOTL Livina (maybe), one with AVM, and a larger Infotainment screen as a possibility.

But on the internals side (like the compressor and (say) e-Power as a "departure") would make it "more complicated" in the assembly line. So I think it won't happen... Unless the Xpander ends up adopting those Nissan techs/parts in a next gen upgrade after this current one to maintain simplicity in parts in assembly.
    I also prefer the Nissan face vs Mitsu. This is kinda similar to the Kicks epower. Just like the old Livina that was also similar to the Murano.

The Xpander and Livina was assembled at a same Mitsu plant in Indonesia.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I also prefer the Nissan face vs Mitsu.
    same here... I really like "V-Motion"

kaya lang the Xpander is a better choice.

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    I also prefer the Nissan face vs Mitsu. This is kinda similar to the Kicks epower. Just like the old Livina that was also similar to the Murano.

The Xpander and Livina was assembled at a same Mitsu plant in Indonesia.

Thanks for the clarification of where the Xpander/Livina is made. My alternative thought if not TH was India but I knew that was wrong and could not think of Indonesia as the correct answer.

Well, with the further strengthening of Nissan Mitsu partnership, maybe future models will have the "best of both worlds" when it comes to parts sharing.

For SUVs, Mitsuhishi's 4x4 experience/heritage, and Nissan's Magic in interior volume for the same external dimensions would work it's way into the next gen Terra and Montero. Maybe.

For the Livina/Xpander, as a people carrier, they settle on getting that oh-so-covetted Nissan AC design but do away with that expensive compact Auxiliary Fan that Nissan uses. Not sure on other models, but on the Sylphy, it costs 16k php without labor 4 years ago. But they don't end up with a Jatco CVT and that design/tech goes the way of the dodo. Maybe a 5speed or 6 speed AT instead of a 4speed. hehe!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    For SUVs, Mitsuhishi's 4x4 experience/heritage, and Nissan's Magic in interior volume for the same external dimensions would work it's way into the next gen Terra and Montero. Maybe.
    reports/rumors are already saying that the next Strada/Montero will be a rebadged Terra/Navara

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast