New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Hi im a newbie here and a newbie car owner of this model. My questions may sound so dummy so please understand.

Today our car wont start after not being used for 3days. It has enough gas but the lights wont turn on so i am thinking the battery was drained. Aside from series what else can i do to recharge the battery?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Hi im a newbie here and a newbie car owner of this model. My questions may sound so dummy so please understand.

Today our car wont start after not being used for 3days. It has enough gas but the lights wont turn on so i am thinking the battery was drained. Aside from series what else can i do to recharge the battery?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Dalhin mo sa bat shop. Try mo pa charge kung pwede pa

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sphinx12 View Post

sometimes, you can push-start it if there is still a little juice in the battery. try it!
    otherwise, you have to have the battery recharged. at home, using a battery charger for cars, or bring the battery to the shop.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    My 6-month old battery gets discharged once a week. The charging light of my Nissan 94 LEC behaves normally (on at Start, and turns off when engine is running). I,e measured the alternator output (via the battery + terminal and ground - is this correct?) and I'm getting 11.8 V only. Is this an alternator problem? I'm expecting 13 to 15V.

Read more: Troubleshooting and Problems | Nissan Club Philippines

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My 6-month old battery gets discharged once a week. The charging light of my Nissan 94 LEC behaves normally (on at Start, and turns off when engine is running). I,e measured the alternator output (via the battery + terminal and ground - is this correct?) and I'm getting 11.8 V only. Is this an alternator problem? I'm expecting 13 to 15V.

Read more: http://nissanclubph.proboards.com/thread/52/troubleshooting-problems?page=2&scrollTo=317#ixzz3VBy4RPSC

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanf View Post

A good battery that holds electrical charge would not measures below 12volts ( using a V-O-M). A brand new battery reads above 12volts, (13.8volts). And with an engine running, measuring it with a voltmeter, you will notice it is around 14.8 volts.

Your battery, although 6 months old you say, might have a defect in its plate. Did you bought your battery as brand new? If it has a warranty, you may claim for a replacement.

Sent from my Starmobile UP+ using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    an alternator with an output voltage of only 11.8 V, will never be able to adequately charge a 12 volt auto battery. have that alternator fixed, sir.
    btw, is the 11.8 V reading obtained during idling, or even when your rev the engine?

an alternator with an output voltage of only 11.8 V, will never be able to adequately charge a 12 volt auto battery. have that alternator fixed, sir.
    btw, is the 11.8 V reading obtained during idling, or even when your rev the engine?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Guys I solved the battery discharging problem, partially sira ang alternator ko. Yung ibang diodes s loob sira na napabili ako surplus.

New problem ko is un g compressor ko na calsonic needs replacement sabi ng trusted mechanic ko. Ano po magandang replacement na Walang conversion na gagawing at saan po mura? Kung surplus naman po, San maganda bumili?

Thanks in advance.