New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Happy New Year Tsikoteers!

Bebert here and I just recently joined the forum. I have a JDM Nissan Bassara that's been quite a reliable workhorse for me. A very fuel efficient diesel car, it gives more mileage than our Innova. HOWEVER...

After giving it a much needed suspension and steering service, we noticed a big change with the engine and possibly the transmission:

1) The engine will rev up 3500 rpm but will suddenly cut off afterwards. This became such a problem when I needed to go up a ramp as I could not get any rev/torque from the engine because at past 3500 rpm, i goes down to idle. At first, I thought it was a faulty throttle control switch. When I had it replaced, it had showed a little improvement but still the old problem persisted

2) The speedometer and odometer went dead. Electronics? ECU problems?

I really need some help with my ride. Hope some of you can refer me to some good shops or mechanics who specializes in these problems. Probably those who deal with a lot of JDM cars?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Have you checked the air filter?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    hello HP. yep, had it replaced too while we were doing the suspension service.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Might be a fuel pump or injector thing.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I'll have to go around that again. Pero, I remember having replaced the fuel pump as well as giving the Bassara an oil change. Heto yung mga service na ginawa namin:

1) Suspension & steering
    2) Oil Change
    3) Fuel Pump replaced
    4) Cleaned Intercooler
    5) Cleaned, refitted cylinder head cover

Nissan JDM Blues... Need help