New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterplan96 View Post
    That's why Nissan will produce it locally - to keep it cheap.

Besides why buy a car like that for 120K when by 2010 the current generation XTrails will be around 200-300K nalang? Also by 2010 the 2000 model Cefiro Elite will be 150K or less?

I wouldnt buy a brand new car unless its a sportscar or expensive luxury car. Because for the price of a new Sentra, Vios, Lancer, Civic, Altis, Corolla, City or Jazz, I'd rather spend the money on a second hand vehicle that is half the price, bigger than those cars and I can use th extra money to buy new wheels, give it a paintjob to the color I want, install better audio and put in leather seats.

How much is a Sentra/City/Vios? ~ 600K - 700K
    How much is a second hand nothing to fix Cefiro 1997-2000 model? ~ 250K-400K

Bigger, better, roomier and you've got extra money to upgrade it pa.

Oh and the engine used in the Cefiro is the VQ series which means its not only powerful and is rev-happy, its also been awarded 11 years in a row for fuel efficiency. And the Mazda 3 and Civic come with 2Liter engines just like the Cefiro - so dont tell me that the Cefiro has a bigger engine and therefore consumes more fuel and thats why you'd buy a brand new smaller car.
    even though it will be produced locally, but the cost of parts are still to be imported so that means importation tax also. plus the cost of labor and facilities.

so if the original price is around 120k, i think the safe price here is around 250-280k during retail.

but i really agree with you on getting second hand cars. other than the reasons that you have stated, may consideration pa for depreciation, kaya lugi ka na agad.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    pero sa price na 300. medyo ok na rin. nissan naman eh. rather than hundai and kia, suzuki. marami pa rin kukuha nyan.

why buy this rather than second hand higher models? for the peace of mind.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    lots of Nissan Taxis, Police Cars, etc! This is going to be a best seller especially among company and fleet cars. Just like how the original Sentra sold. I would be interested in getting one at that price, especially with the legendary Nissan aircon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Nissan hopes to launch ,500 car (Php120k) !!!