New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    My Nissan patrol also had the same problem. I had lost power in the straight aways as well as difficulty climbing. Brought it over to Nissan Gallery for its 40T km maintenance. Got it the next day and it performs like it was before. I asked the service guy (Remo) what they did. He said they cleaned up the MAF sensor, replaced all the fluids as well as checked the turbo, transmission and the torque converter. All seems to be in order. Looks like the MAF did the trick. Am a happy camper.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    hardright - glad to hear your patrol is working haha. wala eh. my maf sensor is still good. something to do with the transmission na talaga or torque converter. there could be a blockage somewhere sa atf lines daw or faulty sensor. if not torque converter na talaga.

on a side note my friend's patrol ( which is also screwed up ) seems to have the same problem as yours. i replaced his maf with the maf of my patrol and it regained power.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    update:

finally fixed the patrol. turns out the torque converter was really busted. had no choice but to buy one from casa huhuhu.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Nissan GU 03 problem going uphill