New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by les888 View Post
    Nagtanong ako sa Goldrich 350.00 daw ay labor charge palang tapos forgot how much each bulb is, nun nagtanong ako sa ibang shop di nila recommend magdagdag ng additional light bec masusunog lang daw kasi malapit lang ang pagitan...

I had change my horn also nagpalagay din ako ng fog lamp ang charge sakin 4000.00 with labor and parts na ito

About additional breaklight sa Goldrich din, habang itinatap yung power ng rearview camera sa backing-light ko ay napansin ko na puede palang magdagdag ng additional light (may mounting na pala). Walang 5 watts bulb kaya dun na lang sa breaklight itinap kasi kasing liwanag ng breaklight yung 21 watts bulb na available kaya naging 5 yung breaklights ko. Around 350 petot lang additional safety feature sa family car natin. Kung papagawa ka ay yung double contact bulb and socket ang kunin mo para puede parking light and break light, sayang nga di ko naisip nun.

i installed stebel nautilus,

1. add'l brake lights...sinigil ako ng 1000+, but when i said that in the tsikoters forum the cost mentioned was 350, pumayag rin.

2. change the horn to bosch fanfare, cost P1,000.00 with separate relay and fuse...this is to protect the integrity of the original wiring system... the original horn as provided by nissan is so small and pales in comparison even with the tricycles horns around.

O-drive - 1724 Dumas St. cor. Vito Cruz Ext. Lapaz, Makati City, look for Buboy. ok silang gumawa pati HU ko dyan ko rin binili, malionis at pulido and hindi matipiod sa discount.

may male terminal na isasaksak sa original na horn terminals para walang splice o putol sa orig na alambre. tapos yung bagong male terminal, nakakabit sa alambre patungong relay. from the relay naka tap sa battery ang isang alambre. sa relay din naka tap ang 2 busina. pag medyo malaki ang busina katulad ng bosch europa, lalagyan nila ng bracket para sa maluwag na lugar nakapwesto ang horn. hope this helps.

suggest lang pag nag tangal ng grill para ilagay ang busina, na lagyan ng tape temporarily ang bumper kung san halos nakadikit yung grill (below the nissan emblem) dito nagasgas ang bumper ko kasi pag hugot ng clip ng grill, sumayad sa bumper. siguro pag linagyan muna ng tape maiwasan maukit yung bumper. sabihin na din sa mag kabit na ingatan ang pagtangal ng grill para iwas gasgas.
    Sir anong headunit kinuha mo kay O-drive? Pwede papicture? Naghahanap din kase ako.. tsaka how much na din..

TIA

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hello fellow GL owners. Just a quick question. Would you guys know what is the vent like structure for located at the rear of the third row seat? When you opened the back door hatch, you will notice that to your right, just after the wheel well. I've experimented several settings on the aircon - recirculate/vent, front airvent, front + foot, foot vent, defoger vent + foot, defoger vent.

The said vent like structure described above neither suck nor blow any air on all aircon settings. Does this have anything to do with aircon anyway? I've asked this question to nissan, they said its for the aircon. I will ask this again this comming sunday

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Update on the air/vent smoke issue with GL. A few months ago I had NWGA repaired the issue of outside air and odor coming inside the GL. They took down the whole dash and fixed and adjusted whatever needs to be to prevent outside air from entering the cabin even on recirculation mode of the aircon. At first, I thought this has solved the problem. Yesm, it has minimized the ambient air from getting in via the front aircon vent on recirculation mode. however, my wife and I noticed a few things:

1. If we are following a vehicle with about 1 car apart, we do not smell the exhaust gases from the car in front. noticed that the smoke is bing thrown in-front and going above the hood of GL (I presumed this with the law of aerodynamics). But when tailgating due to inevitable situations, the exhaust gases from the front vehicle then would be travelling under the GL since we are closer to the vehicle in front. Then we can smell the exhaust gases entering GL.

2. If passing by a bridge over a creek, we can definitely smell the bad odor of the creek. Or even when driving over an manhole or beside an overflowing drainage, a wet market somewhere, the smell is so distinct and clear.

This leads to my speculation that the ambient air might be entering from the underside of GL or through the door and window seals. with this in mind I experimented the following:

1. driving without air-conditioning, radio is off and all windows are closed at the expressway, with average speed of 80kph. The objective was to attempt to hear if there would be any gushing sound of air coming in the cabin. Good news, there are no noticeable air gushing sound. Which leads me to a conclusion that the door seals and window seals are well seated.

2. Next experiment, while GL is parked at home, I placed a very smelly wet opened garbage bag from our lovely kitchen, then I entered GL without starting the engine and the aircon, stayed there for a while, and viola, i can definitely smell the garbage, at first I thought it might be the initial odor that came in when I entered GL. But the smell gets stronger and more distinct.

This leads to a speculation that somewhere in our GL underside, there might be a hole or a series of piping that allows outside air to enter.

I remember our GL does not have undercoating yet. when we bought GL a year ago, the sales rep advised that we can delay the undercoating if it is a budget concern for us, for about a year since GL is rust-proof. Anyway, I am considering having GL undercoated before the end of this year and will see if that would solve the problem, as the procedure may reveal the holes and the undercoat can cover if any holes are found.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    nice experiment sir. i think this happens a lot to nissans. i've had a b13 and an N16 and experienced smelling outside odors while driving the car with AC and air recirculate on. i'm not sure of this can be addressed with the undercoat thing because that doesn't necessarily coat your underside 100% anyway. maybe it's really the way the airconditioning is designed because i used to turn off the AC whenever i smell something funny, and usually, this would do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by yoogix View Post
    Update on the air/vent smoke issue with GL. A few months ago I had NWGA repaired the issue of outside air and odor coming inside the GL. They took down the whole dash and fixed and adjusted whatever needs to be to prevent outside air from entering the cabin even on recirculation mode of the aircon. At first, I thought this has solved the problem. Yesm, it has minimized the ambient air from getting in via the front aircon vent on recirculation mode. however, my wife and I noticed a few things:

1. If we are following a vehicle with about 1 car apart, we do not smell the exhaust gases from the car in front. noticed that the smoke is bing thrown in-front and going above the hood of GL (I presumed this with the law of aerodynamics). But when tailgating due to inevitable situations, the exhaust gases from the front vehicle then would be travelling under the GL since we are closer to the vehicle in front. Then we can smell the exhaust gases entering GL.

2. If passing by a bridge over a creek, we can definitely smell the bad odor of the creek. Or even when driving over an manhole or beside an overflowing drainage, a wet market somewhere, the smell is so distinct and clear.

This leads to my speculation that the ambient air might be entering from the underside of GL or through the door and window seals. with this in mind I experimented the following:

1. driving without air-conditioning, radio is off and all windows are closed at the expressway, with average speed of 80kph. The objective was to attempt to hear if there would be any gushing sound of air coming in the cabin. Good news, there are no noticeable air gushing sound. Which leads me to a conclusion that the door seals and window seals are well seated.

2. Next experiment, while GL is parked at home, I placed a very smelly wet opened garbage bag from our lovely kitchen, then I entered GL without starting the engine and the aircon, stayed there for a while, and viola, i can definitely smell the garbage, at first I thought it might be the initial odor that came in when I entered GL. But the smell gets stronger and more distinct.

This leads to a speculation that somewhere in our GL underside, there might be a hole or a series of piping that allows outside air to enter.

I remember our GL does not have undercoating yet. when we bought GL a year ago, the sales rep advised that we can delay the undercoating if it is a budget concern for us, for about a year since GL is rust-proof. Anyway, I am considering having GL undercoated before the end of this year and will see if that would solve the problem, as the procedure may reveal the holes and the undercoat can cover if any holes are found.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    anong nangyari?

nawawala yung dating mga posts?....

ang daming pipindotin mga link.....

baka mag ka cancer tayo nito sa kaka pindot !!!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ang dami na palang new owners!!!

please register to LOOP <--- click on the link

*yoogix

nice job on your experiment. please post it also sa LOOP para hindi mahirap hanapin just in case matabunan dito.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I wonder if NMPI has discovered the outside smell issue of the GL. If so, they should have issued a statement to the casa branches by this time.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Hello po, pa welcome lang po, new member and owner ng GL, i've been following this forum and its help me to decided to buy a new nissan GL, Thanks po...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    [quote=Fixer501;1527813][quote=xuaeenr;1527100][quote=engevana;1526818][quote=rodz1eman;1520784]1. miaerr - Blue, Gold - AT (HIGH)
    2. 2youta - steel gray AT (MID) - Marikina
    3. welscua - Steel Gray - AT (MID) - San Mateo, Rizal
    4. Tarugs24 - Steel Gray - AT - Tanza Cavite / Sampaloc Manila
    5. jam23 - Steel Gray - MT
    6. ccp900 - warm silver - AT (HIGH)
    7. gergeray - Steel Gray - MT
    8. Iskat - warm silver AT (mid)
    9. Spruiker - warm silver M/T (AntipoloCity)
    10. gabo2000 - steel gray- AT (high)
    11. johnnydls68 - blue-M/T - QC near EverCommonwealth
    12. Lydemer - Steel Gray - AT (high) - Cainta, Rizal
    13. Emms - Steel Gray -AT- (mid) - Ilagan, Isabela
    14. difflock - steel gray AT
    15. zuperk - sapphire black A/T (high) - proj 7, qc
    16. mabext - warm silver (mid)
    17. real_renz - Steel Gray - MT - East Ave. QC
    18. phey0410 - blue-M/T
    19. DBanker - warm silver -MT - taga manila
    20. ilongga - golden beige - MT- tndang sora, QC
    21. yhet - steel gray - AT (high)
    22. Vin-Gasoline - Warm Silver - (High) - Ortigas
    23. ranzi - Steel Gray AT (mid) - Cabuyao, Laguna
    24. heraclio - steel gray (elegance) - sikatuna, q.c.
    25. pillboxUSA - steel Gray A/T (Elegance) -Makati
    26. Livi - Cool Blue MT
    27. Ichiro51 - Steel Gray MT - Sta.RosaCity
    28. Proud2bBrown - Elite Steel Gray - C5 TaguigCity
    29. bobot63t - Steel Gray - AT(mid) -Tondo Manila
    30. younis / yoogix - Warm Silver Luxury (mid) - PqueCity
    31. raultolentino - blue elegance M/T
    32. arnoldv - steel grey elegance Limited Edition - Teacher's Village
    33. balanga boy - warm silver A/T (elegance) - Bataan
    34. eugenemartinez - steel gray (elegance) limited edition - Cubao, Q.C.
    35. marckd1 - steel gray (mid) - Las Piñas / ParañaqueCity
    36. alnr - steel gray M/T - Fairview, QC
    37. coffeelover73 - steel gray M/T - Negros occidental
    38. mischa0207 - sapphire black A/T (mid) - Pandacan, Manila
    39. Larahjoy - Steel Gray A/T (Mid) - Sta. Rosa, Laguna
    40. Chualie - Warm silver Limited edition – Caloocan
    41. chie_ph
    42. blooperoo - steel grey - mid variant - pasig
    43. kisshmet
    44. Babolat - Bataan - Warm Silver - Mid Variant - A/T
    45. cht2wenty4 - black - A/T - High - Bacoor, Cavite
    46. robertobblas - black - a/t - mid variant - bacoor molino
    47. livinalover - Steel Gray, M/T, Marikina
    48. Dreamur - black - A/T - High - C5
    49. flyball - Cool Blue Mid A/T - Marikina
    50. jb2010 - warm silver mid/at - novaliches, qc
    51. shauntot - steel gray A/T (mid) - Bicutan
    52. mywifeownsaGL - warm silver mid - cebu
    53. willow - steel grey (luxury) - Carmona, Cavite
    54. zbrando - Cool Blue (Luxury) - Commonwealth and Pasig
    55. Jeep - Steel Gray - mid variant - pampanga
    56. eggy_reyes - Bluish Black (Luxury) - Eastwood, Q.C.
    57. bthonda - Light Silver (Elegance) - San Pedro, Laguna
    58. kristian - warm silver M/T - Batasan, Quezon City
    59. Jerod7067 - NGL-mid/warm silver /Road master-muntinlupa city
    60. litolarosa - light blue/ luxury road master - santa rosa laguna
    61. Kyoloh - Bluish Black /Luxury - Sta. Rosa City
    62. rodz1eman - Blue (M/T) - Plaridel, Bulacan / Novaliches Q.C.
    63. MECH - Warm Silver (Elegance) A/T - Nissan Gallery
    64. ENG - Steel Gray (Elegance) Road Master Edition - Malvar, Batangas
    65. Xuaeenr - warm silver, mid variant AT - De Castro Pasig
    66. Fixer501 - Steel Gray (Elegance) A/T - WestGate, Alabang
    67. zumma_023 - warm silver , luxury - Pasig City

pa welcome po, new member and owner ng GL... thanks...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Just want to share from Manila to Manaoag, Baguio and back had a average of 13.84km per liter =)

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Nissan Grand Livina (aka Livina Geniss) [continued]