New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    If it is with the ignition system, you can try changing the coil to an aftermarket set (i.e. mallory, MSD, etc.). Maybe a reputable electrical shop can help you on this. Looks like the distributor/igntion coil is the culprit nga given its heating up and then works again when cooled down.

The VG30 (3.0L V6 EFI right?) wasn't locally sold though so it'll be a problem finding a OEM replacement part. You may be able to find a JDM surplus though but you'll have to take the part and really go around Banawe, Evangelista and even in Pampanga. Another option is to get the part number and if you have a relative in the US, he may scout around for this.

I sold my Frontier in 2006 and i still regret doing so to this very day. I saw it some months ago on the road and thankfully mukhang the person who bought it from me still took care of it.

There's a repo 2006 2.7E Titanium unit in our office now and ive been itching to bid for it since it seems to be in good condition when i tried it out.
    yeah we bought it from an auction in subic. sakit sa ulo pala. thanks for the reply.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    the culprit is the ignition system where the key is inserted. there is no part number found only the word "Nissan SK-53". the mechanic hasnt found the spare part yet. anyone knows where i can buy one? id appreciate the help. thanks.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lonerjam View Post
    the culprit is the ignition system where the key is inserted. there is no part number found only the word "Nissan SK-53". the mechanic hasnt found the spare part yet. anyone knows where i can buy one? id appreciate the help. thanks.
    Have you tried with the likes of Youngbros, Yen (Banawe) and Advance (Pasay)?
    There also used to be a surplus shop i'd go to (Rick Lim Surplus) pero it relocated to i dont know where.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Have you tried with the likes of Youngbros, Yen (Banawe) and Advance (Pasay)?
    There also used to be a surplus shop i'd go to (Rick Lim Surplus) pero it relocated to i dont know where.

ok ill try the shops you mentioned. thanks man.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Just a question i am thinking of buying Nissan Frontier 2006 td 2.7e.. How is the power of the pickup? Are the parts readily available and resonably priced? Are all 2006 models the "Frontier Titanium edition"?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Hi guys,
    I just bought a frontier 2006 base model. Medyo matagtag pala ride nito. Anyone knows how we can make the ride softer?

thanks in advance?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    >Hi guys,
    >I just bought a frontier 2006 base model. Medyo matagtag pala ride nito. >Anyone knows how we can make the ride softer?

>thanks in advance?

Sir, we have the same problem dati sa 2004 model din. Naalala ko nilalagyan dati namin ng 1sack of rice sa likod para di sya bumpy. But later, pinatanggal namin ang isang plate ng leafspring. We still have the pickup and it serves us very well.

Hope that helps.

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    Sir, i just bought a 4x4 Frontier, i was trying to shift it from 2H-to-4H pero i can't shift it from 4H-to-N so i can engage 4L? It doesn't shift talaga to "N". Pero the 4H is working properly.
    What could be the problem? i'm not used to this kind of 4x4 system which is like this:
    •2H
    •4H
    •N
    •4L
    My Ranger 4x4 shifts to 4L easily because the shift patter is like a letter "U".

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Hi All.

I recently acquired a nissan 2000 frontier. may i ask what the A/T MODE button near the arm rest is for?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Ito ba un meron POWER / AT / HOLD.. i forgot the other option.. pero kung ito I think i've read that power means AT will stay on the gear where it will give you more power. The AT means it will stay as automatic. The other option I think will hold your gears in its current level (E.G. if 3rd gear na un AT mo tapos nilagay mo sa HOLD then hangang 3rd gear ka lang)... Hope this helps.. ako naman magtatanong... Anyone here knows where to buy cheap tires? I have 02 and 03 nissan frontier both 4 x 4s.

The Nissan Frontier Thread