New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Nissan gurus please help me here. My friend is selling me his nissan pathfinder 4x4 1997 model white (orig color daw yon) at naka 31 inches tire. TD27 na ba engine nito? I've seen it once and looks clean and solid but never been inside. He's selling it to me for 380 thou pesoses 93k km ang tinakbo ofw din may-ari. Ok na ba ang price na to?. Pag i-test drive ko what are the things i should look into. Mid march pa bakasyon namin so doon ko pa ma testing ang sasakyan. Any info on this pick up model? Thanks much guys.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by globetrotter
    Nissan gurus please help me here. My friend is selling me his nissan pathfinder 4x4 1997 model white (orig color daw yon) at naka 31 inches tire. TD27 na ba engine nito? I've seen it once and looks clean and solid but never been inside. He's selling it to me for 380 thou pesoses 93k km ang tinakbo ofw din may-ari. Ok na ba ang price na to?. Pag i-test drive ko what are the things i should look into. Mid march pa bakasyon namin so doon ko pa ma testing ang sasakyan. Any info on this pick up model? Thanks much guys.
    Hi!

At 380K medyo mahal siya since the usual going of these models are 240-310K depending on the condition. At 380K, add 100K or so and you have already a 99-00 Frontier 4x4.

The Pathfinder uses a TD27 engine but be wary that it is sluggish (due to the 4x4 drivetrain) when compared to a Frontier 4x2 with the same engine (and the same price).

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by diesoline
    experienced vibration with spacers in an expedition. didn't wait long enough to find out if parts will be damaged in the long run.

i didn't install spacers on my fortuner. i went from stock rims to the wider negative offset rims after i had the truck lifted. i also went for 33" m/t tires.

re the photo you posted, the stock tires look puny with the titanium style flares. a problem i foresee with setting out the tires is the necessity to trim the fenders to obtain proper clearance for the front wheels on a full lock turn.

so i guess it will be better to get wider rims?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj
    Hi!

At 380K medyo mahal siya since the usual going of these models are 240-310K depending on the condition. At 380K, add 100K or so and you have already a 99-00 Frontier 4x4.

The Pathfinder uses a TD27 engine but be wary that it is sluggish (due to the 4x4 drivetrain) when compared to a Frontier 4x2 with the same engine (and the same price).

Vinj, I will look into it closely. Your opinon/suggestion is noted and highly apprciated.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung inilabas nila yang 05 frontier na yan sa pinas...hindi na makakaporma ang dmax and hilux kasi halos the same na format nila...kaso that body should also have an engine improvement (2.7 turbo intercooler would be a good option or their 3.0 Tdi na nakalagay sa current patrol).

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    hi guys , just new here. here's my pickup dunnu if I can paste it sucessfully want to share my frontier experience. learn some tips and advice too hehe.. for a start mine is 2003 model sienna red 4x4 replaced the OEM wheels with 17" tire R17/265/60 want to know what's the km/liter of other units mine is 9km/L city and 10.5km/liter hi-way with slight traffic. thnx....

sori my file is too large daw to upload (100KB+) hanap muna ako pix na medyo maliit file.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    eto na (still trying kung successful na) medyo marumi lang galing road trip eh... ngayon medyo mahina na ang aircon due for servicing na daw sabi ng casa 40T, I just hope na hindi compressor problem din

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My '00 2.7E gets around 10km/L in the city and 13-14km/L highway but it can go down to 9-10km/L if i push it hard.

Might be selling my Frontier soon... my needs have shifted more towards having a family sedan (unfortunately i can't keep two cars).
    Last edited by vinj; January 27th, 2006 at 10:09 AM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jvandanne
    so i guess it will be better to get wider rims?
    imo, yes.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Thanx vinj, medyo bumaba Km/L ko nung nag modify ako ng wheels, after the OEM tires nag falken ZIEX ako R17/265/50 but after 10T Km nag ply separation bumukol yong tires sa front pinalitan nanam ng binilihan ko (pinabayad lang ako ng wear n tear mga 1.5T) but after another 2T Km. same nagyari sa rear naman. Pinalitan ko na lahat ng Hankook ventus ako R17/255/60. ok naman confident ako mag tight cornering esp sa mga hi-way and down hill turns. guys kung mag cone type intake filter ako ma improve ba ang km/L ko, mga how much? I dont mind the noise kung ma improve engine performance. Thanx...

Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
The Nissan Frontier Thread