New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jcastillo932 View Post
    Frontier ng cousin ko is TD27 engine 2 wheel drive 2002 model. Last December lang umuwi kami sa Isabela and napatakbo namin sa NLEX ng 140 frontier nia. Pero parang ala na itataas and patay aircon, naka fan lang kami sa loob.

What's the tire size of your cousin's Frontier? I had a 2.7L 4x2 E m/t and on flat road it would manage about 145kph-150kph with the 235/75R15 Bridgestone Desert Duelers (same size as a 4x4 tire). The fastest i've ever hit with mine was an indicated 178kph on a downhill stretch on the Star Tollway before (gravity induced top speed... hehe); this was with 225/70R15 highway terrain tires.

The 3.2L engines in the 4x2 models, in good condition, would do around 150kph even on a flat road (with the stock 215/75R15 tires).

On the ride, change your shocks to KYB Gas-A-Justs (the stock shocks are crappy and make the ride more bouncy) then reverse the rear helper spring. It'll improve the ride quite much and the payload capacity of the Frontier won't be affected really unless you carry the really heavy stuff (with it's friggin high payload capacity).

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    how i wish mine would run that fast too, or kahit 140 to 150 na lang, pero away talaga eh

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    What's the tire size of your cousin's Frontier? I had a 2.7L 4x2 E m/t and on flat road it would manage about 145kph-150kph with the 235/75R15 Bridgestone Desert Duelers (same size as a 4x4 tire). The fastest i've ever hit with mine was an indicated 178kph on a downhill stretch on the Star Tollway before (gravity induced top speed... hehe); this was with 225/70R15 highway terrain tires.

The 3.2L engines in the 4x2 models, in good condition, would do around 150kph even on a flat road (with the stock 215/75R15 tires).

On the ride, change your shocks to KYB Gas-A-Justs (the stock shocks are crappy and make the ride more bouncy) then reverse the rear helper spring. It'll improve the ride quite much and the payload capacity of the Frontier won't be affected really unless you carry the really heavy stuff (with it's friggin high payload capacity).
    Same tire size with you Sir na Savero. And also the shocks, Gas-a-just na KYB na nakalagay. No mods na ginawa. As is original pa rin Frontier nia.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I forgot to add, mine also had a flat rear hard bedcover, that may have helped a bit on reducing the drag.

Everim, try to do a general service first: Change your fuel filters (prior to goind that, purge your fuel system with a stong mix of Biodiesel around a week before), change/clean your air filter and check your valve tappet clearances as well.

Is the tok sound when at full turn constantly on both the left and right, or only when you're at full turn and you hit something (like a bump or going up or down a curb)? If so and it's a metallic sound, check first the plastic stopper behind the wheel (on the control arm if i recall it correctly)

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    That tok tok sound is very annoying.. and its the signature of Frontier.. lahat ng kilala kong may frontier yan ang problema...

What I did I remove that stopper 4pcs two on each front left and right wheel. Pinagawan ko ng engineering teflon sa machine shop. pinasok ang teflon material na may butas sa gitna.. kailangan tight fit para di matangal.. usually may parang bolt head ang stopper kaya pina turno ko yun para mag fit ang teflon material..

until now after 1 year sinisilip ko ang stopper ko in good condition pa... or maybe Im already aware na pag nag full turn ako bina balik ko ng konti para di ma pudpud agad ang teflon stopper ko..

May original replacement yan sa casa just specify the model 4x4 or 4x2.. magkaiba ang dalawa..

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    sit inj, maraming salamat, the tok tok sound, metal to metal happens during full turn, left or right especially if i hit something or the ground maybe is uneven. I just finished the changed oil, filters, fuel ba yo, air, at medyo ang mahal pla. inibaot ako ng 7.5k plus dun sa service sa nissan casa. try ko bukas kung medyo titipid ang consumption ng diesel. Ang sabi sa akin ng casa lagyan daw lagi ng "grease" ang stopper pero pag liko ko kanina, nag tok tok na naman but not as annoying or as loud as before. Ang tire size ko ang original tire specs, try ko hataw bukas kung lalampas na me ng 120 km/h, try lang though im not that fast driver. salamat sa reply sir vinj.

nga pla, hope anyone can give me a good suggestion kung maganda pa tingnan na pa body color ko yong flare ang anong tawag dun sa likuran din na plastic kung san pede lagyan ng fog lamps? color of my fronty is white, salamat.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    sirs,

sa mga naka a/t n frontier, lagi b naka power yung switch nyo s trans or s hold? pag nasa gitna sya is it on hold state?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by everim View Post
    sit inj, maraming salamat, the tok tok sound, metal to metal happens during full turn, left or right especially if i hit something or the ground maybe is uneven. I just finished the changed oil, filters, fuel ba yo, air, at medyo ang mahal pla. inibaot ako ng 7.5k plus dun sa service sa nissan casa. try ko bukas kung medyo titipid ang consumption ng diesel. Ang sabi sa akin ng casa lagyan daw lagi ng "grease" ang stopper pero pag liko ko kanina, nag tok tok na naman but not as annoying or as loud as before. Ang tire size ko ang original tire specs, try ko hataw bukas kung lalampas na me ng 120 km/h, try lang though im not that fast driver. salamat sa reply sir vinj.

nga pla, hope anyone can give me a good suggestion kung maganda pa tingnan na pa body color ko yong flare ang anong tawag dun sa likuran din na plastic kung san pede lagyan ng fog lamps? color of my fronty is white, salamat.
    Wow.. 7.5K... the expensive part there actually is the fuel filters since it'll set you back a good 3K to 4K more or less AFAIK.

When i replaced my stopper i didnt encouter the tok/grinding sound anymore until i sold my Frontier.

On body coloring, it depends... with white, painting the flares seems fine.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    ingat kayo peeps, my spare tire na bago pa and never been used got stolen while i was parked at the fort. Madali lang tanggalin ito kahit may 2 kadena, nakuha pa din.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Nadale din spare tire ko around 4 years ago. Madali & mabilis lang matangal spare tire. After that incident, nilagyan ko na ng kadena and padlock.

The Nissan Frontier Thread