New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Wildthing TD27 nga yung model ng engine ng pathfinder namin. hindi ko lang maalala yung year pero mid 80's yun. kaya pala di naputulan ng belts. kasabayan nito yung mga pickups na nakalagay sa likod datsun. sinundan namin ng power pickup year 91 ito. dami talaga loyal followers nissan pickup dahil sa tibay pero mahirap sakyan sa tagtag at sikip sa likod.

I'm not sure pero yung 3.2 ng nissan frontier na nasakyan ko is not direct injection. pero yung mga lumang engine like the bd25 sa eagle series direct injection. hindi ba a step backward itong move?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    i bought my frontier 3.2L 4x4 late 2000 and it is still going very well... i use it alternately with my gen. 2 paj as my everyday transport for my business... it's power is adequate but i still would like to strap a turbo with it someday to give some extra boost of power...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Promdi, turk,

talagang medyo backward technology nga yung pagkakasalpak ng 3.2 (QD series yata yun). Dito lang kasi sa 3rd world matipid...

3.0DI na nasa patrol na ang modelo na engines but because of the controller system nito na computer, they won't fit the budget.

If I am not mistaken the 3.2 engines ng frontier are the same 3.2 engines in the early Patrol (yung leaf springs ang lahat ng gulong) which was then replaced by the 4.2 na 6-cyclinder engine.

It would be good upgrade to have an intercooler turbo on your engines (and so is with my 2.7L) ....yun nga lang medyo magastos din...a brandnew intercooler turbo system from Autoxer would cost to P100K na.

A surplus is cheaper but unless you know the proper technology, baka magwaste ka lang ng pera.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My stock shocks were still OK when i changed them... masyado lang malambot for the weight and spring rates of the Frontier (lakas tumalbog sa NLEX viaduct) and i guess the "trying hard" to do hard cornering took its toll. :P But heck spoiled yung pick-up ko, maingat ako sa lubak and praning ako pag lumapas ako ng konti sa 5K na walang change oil. I also considered using the chair rubber thangs sa stopper.

The TD27 engine is the same as that in the PAthfinder/TErrano 4x4 but with diff gear ratios (pang 4x2) so its faster in the Frontier. The 3.2L engine is diff from the old boxy patrol as the old PAtrol had a SD33 (3.3L in line 6 turbo AFAIK).

I also considered doing a turbo parts swap from a Japan surplus TD27 with a turbo (i saw one in Marikina) but i still have to do some research on it. Take note though that the brakes will need upgrade as the stock brakes of the 2.7 is quite small (mas malaki pa yung center hub ng rims niya). Maybe placing the rotors from a 3.2 4x4, along with Bendix Metal King Pads and the master cylinder of a Patrol Safari might help.

I have a buddy with a 3.2 4x2 matic. When he experienced some tranny problems, we were considering a change to m/t from a/t for a good torque monster but the problem turned out to be minor so na hold yung project.
    Last edited by vinj; July 5th, 2004 at 09:01 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks for the correction vinj, I thought the boxy patrol was only 4-cyclinder & 3.2 displacement.

Mukhang puede nga yung upgrade set-up ng turbo and brake....naglalock ang brake din so maybe an anti-locking brake system should be a good upgrade....I have tried braking to full stop at 150kph nuon sa 2.7S...hindi kakayanin...ayaw tumigil ....

Sana merong may complete repair manual ng frontier sa ibang owners ng frontier. There was one forum site I used to surf - Unofficial Nissan Frontier forum...ang gaganda ng configurations nila...

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    ganda ng frontier, lalo na yung qd32 na engine lakas humatak at hindi pa mausok.

56k na frontier namin pero wala pa major repairs except for change oils and other preventive maintenance stuffs.

ganda talaga ng nissan diesels.... :-)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    anu ang fuel mileage consumption mo sa qd32?

sa TD27 common sa akin ang lows of 9km/L and highs of 13km/L (bihira ito kasi ginagawa kong aircon ang oto minsan pag nag-aantay ng susunduin)..

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Pasingit naman:

Saan kaya maganda makabili ng surplus/ brand new engine parts ng TD27?

Baka naman meron sa inyo na me repair manual ng TD27 engine? pa- share naman pls.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Fan din ako ng D21 at D22 series. hehehe.

Got to drive the D22 off-road. Swabe lang. Masarap dalhin. Yung departure angle lang ang problem along with the small OEM tires.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I own a 2001 NISSAN FRONTIER 2.7E Diesel-- I've had Isuzu and Ford pick ups na before and hands down ako sa Frontier sa sobrang sulit at tibay.I drive this everyday and mas matipid pa sha sa Honda jazz ko--galeng! Mura pa i-maintain, sobra.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Nissan Frontier Info Thread