New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I am just wondering if there are any other peeps at tsikot with a Nissan Frontier pick-up truck ride?

I have been a big fan of the frontier for about 3 years na. And up to now very sold pa rin ako sa ride na ito....

I had the chance to change sana about a year ago...but the 2003 Elite model was just so difficult to resist so yun uli kinuha ko...

my other option sana was a Ranger - Trekker....nag dalawang isip ako kasi sa dami ng reklamo ng kakilala ko who had one regarding fuel consumption and engine problem.

whereas, my previous ride na frontier 2.7S was still good and in tip-top shape when I left it (2yrs old na yun)....

Hope to hear from other frontier owners din....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    si vinj may daily-driven Frontier 2.7S

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Present...

'00 2.7E yung akin... Got it brand new (something we cant do anymore today :P) and 45,500km na yung mileage. Undergoing some minor repairs nga lang siya now at nasabitan ako ng army na 6x6 a few weeks back (syempre di ako tinigilan ng mokong dahil convoy sila... mabuti nalang at insured).

Wildthing, you already changed your S to an E?

So far so good ako. Changed already my stock shocks to KYB Gas-A-Justs and added Patrol Safari rims on wider tires. The stability/handling increased well enough to remove the excessive body roll I would encounter whenever i go up to the mountains (its much more fun now ). The slightly smaller but wider tire diameter also made the engine response and powerband more linear (nawala yung acceleration lag ko between 65 to 90kph that was present with my old stock tires).
    Last edited by vinj; July 1st, 2004 at 09:42 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    service car ng company namin frontier, minsan nakakalimutan ipa-change oil, pero wala pa rin problema. pumapasa pa nga sa emission test
    Signature

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yes sir vinj napalitan na...kasi sa previous company that i work with yung '01 na 2.7S na service ko. It was indeed a good buy (right choice for your company boybi!).

Yung '03 na 2.7E na kinuha ko ay sa company rin pero its a car plan - palagay ko aabutin ko na maging akin coz my new company is actually a better set-up.

I find the frontier one of the best pick-up right now...name it: speed ....you want one, it'll give you, fuel consumption tipid puede rin...I can manage to log as much as 13km/L basta I keep below 90kph on highways and no long idling with aircon on - at this rate para lang iton 2.5L na diesel engine.

Hindi ka rin mabibitin sa pulling power (have loaded already almost beyond 750kg dito...kayang-kaya pa rin umobertake.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Naks, is the 2.7E already the latest design/facelift?

Amongst my gripes with mine is that i always have to change the steering stopper at the left side/front suspension (a small plastic stopper) and i'm already on my 3rd set of rear leaf spring bushings (the 2nd set was replacements and did not last long).

I already reversed the rear leaf spring helper and it did improve the ride but my stiffer shocks still kept the firmness there. I recommend the KYB Gas-A-Justs as they improve the stability of the car on the highway and its affordable too (around P700-P800+ per piece).

Performance is good for an old design diesel engine (can do around 150-160 kph) although it'll eat the dust of the new D-MAx and the Ranger Trekker 4x2.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    same engine ba ang 2.7 ng frontier sa nissan pathfinder model 80's dati? meron kami dati nito naubos na ng kalawang yung buong body and sahig sa front wala na. yung pick up bed naubos na yung sides and fflooring. as in sobrang sinira na namin. pero tumatakbo parin. naka 200th+ namin nagamit. walng palit palit ng timing belt basta mga filter lang and oils. pambuhat namin ng stocks.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    vinj,

I also have that problem with that stopper. I hate it so much I just removed them. Gumanda pa turning radius ko.

Another low buck option was to replace that plastic cap with a rubber - the one found on the footing of metal chairs. Meron nitong off size the less than 1/2 inch, it would fit the set-up (huwag mu lang alisin yung plastic na sira na) snugly.

Mukhang heavy work horse ang pick-up mo at nakasira ka na ng shocks. When I surrendered my 2.7S, it was running at 50K already (ahente kasi ako) in just 2 years. Never replaced the bushings and rear shocks.

Promdi, the pathfinder na pick-up ang itsura produced around 84' are more of the Eagle series. 2.5L engine pero 4x4. Yung Pathfinder na modern day around 97' ang the same 2.7L engine.

Hindi ako sure sa engine ng pathfinder mo, pero the TD series engines (TD27 ang frontier) have gears for the timing of the camshaft so it does not need replacement of the timing belt/chains.

I would suggest that you just change the body of your pathfinder - how about Jappy Alana's Hammer body.

I think they can custom fit it to your pathfinder chasis and with minimal modifications. The cost would probably very similar to having a body work.

Type kong mods sa engine ay lagyan ko ng intercooler from surplus engines ng 2.7 pathfinders. I'll probably do this in about 2 years from now. he,he,he

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by wildthing
    I would suggest that you just change the body of your pathfinder - how about Jappy Alana's Hammer body.
    baka hindi na tumakbo yan sa bigat ng Hammer body :D
    Signature

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    My family is a big fan of nissan pick ups, from classic pick up to power pick up and frontier. Our power pick up was acquired Jan of 1995 pero la pa major repairs naka 185k na tinakbo, until now pang harabas pa rin. A little over a year ago we got a frontier 4x4, inuwi namin sa probinsya, kayang kaya umakyat sa dalton pass, gaan pa ng paa ko sa gas. Bilib ako sa makina kaya plano ko palitan ko ng engine un teranno namin, puede kaya un? Pero mas maganda sana kung turbo un makina kasi sa ibang bansa nakaturbo 110kw ang power ng navara.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Nissan Frontier Info Thread