New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Hi, post mo naman po kung magkano nagastos mo sa pa repair. STA din akin para din may nag l-leak na oil. pina top overhaul ko na din eto kse sa bwisit na Ondoy na yan. TY

Quote Originally Posted by toby_30 View Post
    yeah i guess you're right niky. i got my cylinder head checked at a machine shop. (crack/hydro test) and it showed malaki ang crack ng cylinder head nun exalta ko..

now my next problem is what reputable shop to go to. i mean, banawe, blumentritt have lots, but of course, i want to get advise pra alam ko san pde makabili. please help.

and while looking for a surplus cylinder head, im planning to get the engine block checked as well, since kalas naman lahat para no doubts in my mind that the block is still good and without any prob din. i hope it's a gud idea.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    hi there,

i do have the same problem with my nissan exalta sta, but last saturday i had the cylinder head hydrotest, and the results was a disappointment, i have to replace the cylinder head. the machine shop said it had a leak. can anyone help me find a surplus one, i know that a new one would be very expensive and my funds are limited right now. hope to hear from you friends.

thanks,
    dreamscape

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by toby_30 View Post
    yeah i guess you're right niky. i got my cylinder head checked at a machine shop. (crack/hydro test) and it showed malaki ang crack ng cylinder head nun exalta ko..

now my next problem is what reputable shop to go to. i mean, banawe, blumentritt have lots, but of course, i want to get advise pra alam ko san pde makabili. please help.

and while looking for a surplus cylinder head, im planning to get the engine block checked as well, since kalas naman lahat para no doubts in my mind that the block is still good and without any prob din. i hope it's a gud idea.
    Inquire ka na lang sa Engine Master Banawe. Kung surplus na block hanap . Kung may problema madali silang magpalit at hindi mahirap kausap magdala ka na lang ng makaniko mo.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamscape View Post
    hi there,

i do have the same problem with my nissan exalta sta, but last saturday i had the cylinder head hydrotest, and the results was a disappointment, i have to replace the cylinder head. the machine shop said it had a leak. can anyone help me find a surplus one, i know that a new one would be very expensive and my funds are limited right now. hope to hear from you friends.

thanks,
    dreamscape
    Try inquiring with the shops that do engine swaps, or in sites like Clubnissansentra or Sentraclub guys as those who may have done engine swaps may still have their engines or various parts still lying around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Nissan exalta serious problem, please help