New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    That's true vinj! Napaka sensitive nyang MAF na yan, FYI you would also notice that when your engines somehow knocks. I have experinced it. I thought it was the gas I am using or it was worst, yun lang pala dapat linisin. After that, it was one of the fastest car I drove. Tsaka yung comfort in driving, sarap, and for me the space inside is fine. Pang-binata/dalaga lang talaga sya.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by RCM
    That's true vinj! Napaka sensitive nyang MAF na yan, FYI you would also notice that when your engines somehow knocks. I have experinced it. I thought it was the gas I am using or it was worst, yun lang pala dapat linisin. After that, it was one of the fastest car I drove. Tsaka yung comfort in driving, sarap, and for me the space inside is fine. Pang-binata/dalaga lang talaga sya.
    Yup, i also had problems with "tope" so i had to retard the timing to 4 deg BTDC (stock is 6deg) and use Blaze or Velocity. After the MAF cleaning, nawala yung tope even if i use Petron XCS or Caltex Gold.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by badkuk
    Hi All,

Comments nyo about the 2003 sentra/exalta? Pretty dissapointed with it, honestly...nawala pagka sporty nya; ok na ok na ung first na exalta eh.

Is it true the 1.3L version has 93 horses? Baka naman sa controlled environment lang to a...pero kung totoo, it's the most powerful 1.3L car i've come across so far...
    FYI: most powerful 1.3? not quite. the 1997- 2002 honda city 1.3 has 95 horses. and it only weighs 970 kgs.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    hmmm, pumopogi lalo ung lumang City ah B).

Pero noticeable ba talaga ung 10hp pagdating sa hatak n climbing steep roads?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    WARNING! Be careful in having your cars engine washed, my car had almost been badly damaged when we saw that the spark plugs were wet. Buti na lang yun lang ang pinalitan. Make sure that marunong talaga yung mage-engine wash. The signs also is "tope". FYI lang po based on experience.

6. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    pardon my ignorance, but what is a "tope"?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    "tope" is when your engine lacks power. Possibly may engine knock or may talon sa kuryente.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by spazzkid
    pardon my ignorance, but what is a "tope"?
    tope = pinging = detonation

the abnormal combustion of the air/fuel mixture in your engine.

a few possible cause:

Poor fuel quality or low octane rating
    Over advanced timing
    Wrong Spark plugs being used
    Carbon Deposits

Just to name a few

9. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    follow up q: how would i know if my car has "tope"?
    sorry guys OT na to.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by benchph1
    FYI: most powerful 1.3? not quite. the 1997- 2002 honda city 1.3 has 95 horses. and it only weighs 970 kgs.
    Try to compare the torque specs as well. Any one know?

On tope, try to listen to a sound coming from your engine while you accelerate. It sounds like small pebbles being rattled in a can or maybe like a spray paint can being shaken.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Nissan Exalta