New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Anyone knows a good Nissan Diesel Mechanic?
    Frontier 2.7 Liter
    Possible Cylinder Head overhaul or maybe just simple cylinder head gasket replacement.

Dont know if ok sa CASA or the price is a big difference.

My Diagnosis: Radiator check shows that there's pressure coming from the Engine , so pag long drive for 3 to 4 hours at a 100kph per hour , nag ooverheat. Mukhang Cylinder head since di naman nag babawas nang langis.

Anyway appreciate if you can refer someone in the Metro Manila area. PAsig or QC or makati ok. Kung meron magaling na mechanic inside a particular CASA ok din.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sayang at nahuli ka ng post, balita ko dumayo daw dito sa Manila yung mga Nissan mechanic friends ni wiretap_MD.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sige tanong ko si Doc. Tnx.

Ikaw wala kilala??

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wala e, hehehe. Baka si vinj meron din kilala.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Is there oil mixing with the coolant in the radiator? Is the engine serviced regularly? One way to check is that you have to have the cylinder head hydro tested... When the engine is opened up, bring the head/block to a good machine shop for hydro testing (i.e. VW PRecision). Kung cracked head yan, its better to get a surplus block already (engine swap to QD32??? ).

If you have a trusted mechanic, more or less kaya niya yan since the TD27 isnt a space-age type of engine. I know a good mechanic but he's in Concepcion Marikina...

If you want at the CASA, i can refer you to our friend at NGQA.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Concepcion? ok lang malapit lang yon...may gamit ba sya? Talyer ba?

NGQA ok din....sino hanapin doon?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Try checking out Gremon Motors. Its a small shop near SSS Village... look for Mang Arnold (from experience, he's quite clean at his work).

In Nissan Quezon Avenue, you can look for Tony Erlano.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    i had the same problem when i bought my patrol. i came to a point that i would have to add water every 50km. basically, you will have to change your cylinder head gasket. i suggest you by na an original nissan. but before you take the head out. have them check your compression. the compression will tell you if you might have to change your rings. if the compresson is poor. be prepared to change your rings cuz sayang lang trabaho if you don't. kung pasado, at least you have ease of mind that your engine will still go along way before the next overhaul. when they opened my cylinder head i replaced the valve seals too.

you can try Philippine Engine Rebuilders Corp. in Balintawak. they are complete in all the tools. Look for frank 02 9206639, 02 9206608. They are the sister company of Zexel calibration. they charged me P2500 for the labor of the top overhaul. 300 for the compression test. btw, my engine is a sd33t.

if you change the piston rings. have another compresson test done. just to check if the compression really improved. para walang guess work.

mintoy

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup, the compression tester will always be a good tool to diagnose a problem (and not the usual "tumatalsik na oil pag nakabukas yung oil cap" remedy of streetside mechanics amongst some others).

Phil. Engine Rebuilders? How much is their charge for the machine shop items like changing the piston rings?

Nissan Diesel Xpert?