New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    because we are not directly under Nissan Japan. We are under the taiwanese branch of nissan. If we were under Nissan Japan then we'd probably be driving in Micra-s, Altimas, Wingroads and 2008 Sentras right now. Not some decade old Sentra

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Pero when you look at the road, a decent number of taxis use Nissan. Kasi although they are underrated on Sales, they are definitely cheap, reliable, and reasonable in terms of AFTERSales. Imagine a km.checkup that wouldn't cost more than 2K (for the sedan and for 5,15,25K kms., etc...). That's something not all manufacturers can offer. And on my own perspective, I go for what's bang-for-the-buck, and definitely, whether old looking or not, underrated or not, their models deliver. Kaya nga mga colorum na van at taxis makikita mo Nissan binbili at sa casa rin nagpapaayos. And I think that's about it.
    sir, 3.5-4.5k po gastos ko sa 1,5,15k kms checkup ko nissan teana ko sa chang oil.. pero sa navara 2k sa 1k km checkup tingnan kopa sa 5,15kms checkup bago pa po kasi.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    A decade ago. NISSAN was really an ailing company. In fact, the Renault-Nissan alliance had to "import" an outsider in the name of Ghosn to head the company. The move create quite a stir in the Japanese business circles. But in the end he was able to make a turn-around solidifying Ghosn's popularity as a "rock star of sorts" of the automotive world.

As to the Philippines, we are still in the fringes of the company's turnaround being a peripheral market. Slowly the company is starting to make an impact with the introduction of such competitive models as the Navara and the Grand Livina.

In short, they are not a trendsetter... that makes them underrated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Nissan A Big 3 Jap Carmaker. Why Underrated Here?