New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Question... Is the 1.5 engine the same as the old sentra/exalta DS?

any new technology like vvti, mivec, etc....

My past experience with my DS... A bit heavy on the gas

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by cta2 View Post

Nope. The DS is equipped with QG series engine, ang Almera yata is new MR or HR series,but definitely not the QG.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012

Nope. The DS is equipped with QG series engine, ang Almera yata is new MR or HR series,but definitely not the QG.

- - - Updated - - -

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    1.5 Liter MR engine with VTC ang nasa Almera..Torque-biased but fuel efficient engine tulad ng sa underrated na Grand Livina!

The Sentra GX will still be in production for now..Pang taxi at fleet to while the Almera will compete against the Rio Sedan!...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Here are the price based on Nissan sales agent
    1.5 M/T Base - 710k
    1.5 A/T Base - 760k
    1.5 A/T Mid - 830k

They have a promo till Jan 18, 2013 Free Luxury Trim Package.
    Chrome side mouldings
    chrome front grill finisher
    chrome exhaust finisher

Price so far is competitive, still cheaper than City and almost same or a 10k more than Vios.

6. Join Date
    May 2012
    I don't like it. It looks very boring inside and out. Sayang due pa naman for replacement yung sentra exalta ko next year. Guess, i will have to leave the Nissan brand for now.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i liked it in the car show. the engine bay was cramped, but i like the passenger compartment. hindi na nakakakuba pagpasok sa likod..
    i wonder... will they have hefty discounts as introductory promo?.. mouldings? grilles, exhaust finisher? who needs those?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I think this is one of the cars that don't register well in photos like the Mazda BT-50 or it's bigger sibling, the Teana.

Okay yung legroom niya and yung aircon vent sa liked -- a feature na usually makikita lang sa higher end vehicles. I guess this is meant for first time car buyers na comfort-oriented who have or planning to have a family because I don't think a bachelor or a binata would buy this, it's not that ***y or maangas looking. Test drove one and I'm impressed w how it handled road imperfections.

I hope it can compete with the fuel efficiency of the Vios, only time will tell.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cdv View Post
    I think this is one of the cars that don't register well in photos like the Mazda BT-50 or it's bigger sibling, the Teana.

Okay yung legroom niya and yung aircon vent sa liked -- a feature na usually makikita lang sa higher end vehicles. I guess this is meant for first time car buyers na comfort-oriented who have or planning to have a family because I don't think a bachelor or a binata would buy this, it's not that ***y or maangas looking. Test drove one and I'm impressed w how it handled road imperfections.

I hope it can compete with the fuel efficiency of the Vios, only time will tell.
    There's a test drive unit already?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sachiel View Post
    There's a test drive unit already?
    In Laguna because a friend is their supplier. But I think there should be a test drive unit early next year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Nissan begins pre-selling the all-new 2013 Almera