New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Its in PDI today. It was mentioned that NMPI will assemble 2 vehicles here and will stop assembling the Cefiro and Sentra here. Cefiros and Sentras will be imported from Thailand. NMPI will continue to assemble the X-trail. Hint na kaya ito na dadating yung Teana dito? Thai Sentra looks the same as the yulon sentra.
    Last edited by carlocaraddict; October 5th, 2005 at 08:33 AM.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Nissan Sunny Neo:

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Sana nga... About time we lost the last of the Yulon products.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I think baka yung Presage at Tiida or next gen US version Sentra ang nandito.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by carlocaraddict
    Its in PDI today. It was mentioned that NMPI will assemble 2 vehicles here and will stop assembling the Cefiro and Sentra here. Cefiros and Sentras will be imported from Thailand. NMPI will continue to assemble the X-trail. Hint na kaya ito na dadating yung Teana dito? Thai Sentra looks the same as the yulon sentra.
    OT:

Kawawa naman ang 'pinas! Lahat na imported (halos lahat galing Thailand, pa)! That is why I salute Ford Motors Philippines. They are the only ones doing a complete ground-up manufacturing of vehicles here since they declared the Philippines their (south east) Asian manufacturing hub. They export vehicles to Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Taiwan, etc. Ford will be investing another $50 million to further expand their factory very soon.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Ok sana ang Mazda at ford pero ang pangit ng lineup nila dito,yung Tribute at Escape ay halos langawin na at yung Focus,failed na yata.Yung Mazda 3 lang ang ok pero parating ubos.Hmm.........

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by carlocaraddict
    Teana dito? Thai Sentra looks the same as the yulon sentra.
    hmm.. Nissan taena.. ayos sa pangalan..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    OT:

Kawawa naman ang 'pinas! Lahat na imported (halos lahat galing Thailand, pa)! That is why I salute Ford Motors Philippines. They are the only ones doing a complete ground-up manufacturing of vehicles here since they declared the Philippines their (south east) Asian manufacturing hub. They export vehicles to Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Taiwan, etc. Ford will be investing another $50 million to further expand their factory very soon.
    pero tagal yata ng tax holiday nila, plus may pending case pa with Francisco motors regading Mazda motors.

But still they provided jobs, ill give Credit to that.

Mukhang daming naagaw ng mga Thai sa atin ah? Ano ba ang deal para makuha ang assmbly ek-ek na iyan?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXBUWAYA
    pero tagal yata ng tax holiday nila, plus may pending case pa with Francisco motors regading Mazda motors.

But still they provided jobs, ill give Credit to that.

Mukhang daming naagaw ng mga Thai sa atin ah? Ano ba ang deal para makuha ang assmbly ek-ek na iyan?

govt. stability and economic stability ng isang bansa....

noon ngang late 90's nagbalak magtayo ng design office yung company namin dyan sa pinas, kaya lang nagback-out din because of our govt. system at economic stability....

mas stable ang economy ng thailand kesa sa pinas....heck kahit nga ang vietnam eh maganda ang pinupuntahan ng gobyerno nila considering na katatapos pa lang nilang mag-giyera nong 70's....

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    I have been told that Toyota shifted to Thailand since the labor is much cheaper there compared to here.

But I think its more than that. I dont know, if its just me, but I find the workers here demand high pay with very little to contribute in terms of results. Also keep in mind that "welgas" or strikes are also quite prevalent esp. with militant labour groups such as mayo-uno.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Nissan to assemble two new vehicles here in Sta Rosa