New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Nissan is a bit off the mark with this one. This will be bigger than the new Nissan Rogue.

Going after the BMW X5 or Tesla ModelY?

221 Nissan Ariya electric SUV revealed in patent - UPDATE: Teaser video | CarAdvice

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Nissan is a bit off the mark with this one. This will be bigger than the new Nissan Rogue.

Going after the BMW X5 or Tesla ModelY?

2?21 Nissan Ariya electric SUV revealed in patent - UPDATE: Teaser video | CarAdvice
    Thought the size was between the Qashqai and Xtrail, so an X3 competitor and a CX5 (or CX30)?

Or they are just positioning this before Mazda officially launches theirs?

I kind of like the overall look. The part leading to the rear, i get the feeling something is off with the proportion when i look at the side profile of the 3d rendering.

Wondering though, since renault, nissan and mitsu have their alliance, would mitsu eventually get their hands on the chassis and tech and release their own version of the ariya? A replacement for their outlander phev maybe?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Thought the size was between the Qashqai and Xtrail, so an X3 competitor and a CX5 (or CX30)?

Or they are just positioning this before Mazda officially launches theirs?

I kind of like the overall look. The part leading to the rear, i get the feeling something is off with the proportion when i look at the side profile of the 3d rendering.

Wondering though, since renault, nissan and mitsu have their alliance, would mitsu eventually get their hands on the chassis and tech and release their own version of the ariya? A replacement for their outlander phev maybe?
    Its width is 1920mm, i think their main target is the tesla y. They wanna take a piece of elon's pie.

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Its width is 1920mm, i think their main target is the tesla y. They wanna take a piece of elon's pie.
    Am wondering how much the body line and the cladding on the wheel arch added to that width.

But yeah, i get that they most probably want to compete with the Model Y. Am wondering if they will still use Nimh batteries like the leaf and also keep it air cooled to try to 'increase' their eMPG range to keep up with the tesla?

I find it hard to see Nissan not continue to use their nimh battery tech. But with an expected increase in range to compete, that would also mean need for fast charging which will increase temps.

Hopefully the july 15 launch will answer those missing details.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Am wondering how much the body line and the cladding on the wheel arch added to that width.

But yeah, i get that they most probably want to compete with the Model Y. Am wondering if they will still use Nimh batteries like the leaf and also keep it air cooled to try to 'increase' their eMPG range to keep up with the tesla?

I find it hard to see Nissan not continue to use their nimh battery tech. But with an expected increase in range to compete, that would also mean need for fast charging which will increase temps.

Hopefully the july 15 launch will answer those missing details.
    I think sunwoda-evb will be supplying the lithium batteries(most likely watercooled) we'll see how it goes, sunwoda seems very good with "tasting"

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    so its 1900mm and not the 1920mm. liquid cooled battery unit.

good to see brushed surfaces instead of that shiny black finger print magnet surfaces.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    This should have been the Nissan Rouge & Xtrail !