New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Need comments on Nissan AD Resort pickup. I'm looking for a small pick-up and this one looks like it fits the bill. Any comments on this model?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Gas or diesel? Pick up truck models were gasoline powered. Heavily based on the Nissan B13 series (Sentra II/LEC series), parts are not that hard to come buy. No surprise, it drives like a Sentra. hehehe.

The cabin is a bit cramped and the lack of seat recline can be uncomfortable for some. Better test drive a unit first. A lot of units sold were used commercially, don't expect mint condition specimens from the used car market.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    go for a diesel pick-up instead...ideally a nissan eagle kung second hand lang budget mo...pero kung kaya mo brandnew, a frontier 2.7S would be highly recommended.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    At the AD Resort's 140-160k price range, you can't really find many diesels in good condition. The newest diesel L300 (L3 pa lang, ha) that I've seen for that much is over 15 years old.

And there IS a diesel AD Resort, within the asking range of 160-180, probably down to 150 if you haggle well.

As an owner, here's the lowdown.

The AD Resort is very light and easy to drive, the engine is okay, but power is kind of low for a 1.6, and fuel economy is highly dependent on the condition of the carburator. If the carb isn't in tip top shape, it'll guzzle big time. There's no power steering, but a rack from the Sentra LEC PS would fit easily. Even without PS, it's easy enough to use as long as you don't put big mags on. Steering is kind of loose, though, but it might be the condition of my unit. Handling isn't great, but it's secure. The suspension is stiff and the car won't go all wild on you. But since the rear end is a pickup bed, it's very light with no load, and you can feel it swinging around if you're driving too hard... hehe... when I get my diesel service, I'm turning this into an autocrosser...

All mechanical parts in front are Sentra compatible... the rear isn't. The rear suspension hardware is completely different. Still, with its stiff set-up, you won't need to change springs or shocks for a long while.

Cosmetic parts in front are mostly compatible, but rear bits aren't. And Nissan doesn't sell cosmetic parts for the AD anymore, so those cute corner bumpers in the back would be hard to replace if damaged.

Most AD Resorts were sold with camper-shells of various types. The diesel version is the best because it has a tall rear van section and better cargo capacity. But be warned, the rear suspension, though beefier than the Sentra suspension, is still lightweight. This is a truck for non-industrial cargo, only, but a couple of photocopiers are okay as long as you watch the potholes (my unit used to belong to UBiX).

Interior accomodations are basic. There's no stock radio, but the stock AC is very powerful. Since the AC unit is from a Sentra, and it has a smaller cabin to cool, it does its job well. Just watch for compressor condition... since most of these units are ex-factory service vehicles, the AC may not have been maintained well. Windows are roll-up only, not power.

Cabin space is actually very good. You can recline almost 40 degrees, and in proper driving position, there's enough space behind the driver's seat for the spare tire. We keep it there because it's a bit safer and easier to unmount than if it were strung in the spare rack under the pick-up bed.

Overall, the car is okay... it's not an excellent vehicle, but it's about as easy to maintain as a Sentra (except for cosmetic items like rear lights, bumper and license plate lights). It's also got the same bugbears, namely the finicky carb and expensive AC compressor (honestly, just buy a Denso and have it converted), but these are minor things.

It's nippy and nimble, and power is just okay. Fuel consumption is only so-so (I've got to buy a new carb), but then, there's always the diesel version (don't ask me about spares for that, though).

Sure, it's not as cheap to gas up as a diesel, but there's always space for an LPG conversion... you can sling the tank where the spare tire rack is. And you can always just buy the diesel version for 10k-20k more.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can find the ratty condition ones for less than 100k...

AFAIK, most diesels came on the ADMax (closed rear type)... the GA16 version is one torquey bugger when in good condition i heard.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's torquey nga, but not as much top end zing as the EFI GA16. The low gearing helps in traffic, though.

All diesels were the ADMax type, with the integrated high-top shell. They're not as common, but one or two crop up for sale every month or so.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Great information, thanks. Pinagawa ko yung ad resort ko, starter - nilinis, carb- nilimisn at binaklas. Ok na yung strting pero namamatay - d maka stay on idle yung sasaksyan. D ko tuloy madala sa pagawan - take note, CASA maintained ito- kakagalit.
    If you or anyone could please tell me a very good mekaniko to handle my idling problem na pwede mag home service sa cainta. tis the season ... Carb kaya yung problem or fuel filter or fuel lines? Please help, thank you to all. More power and torque

Nissan AD resort