New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    good day to all! i would like to seek advice to all guru's out there regarding my problem on my car. there is this humming(ugong) sound from the right front of my car, i can't actually pinpoint if it's my caliper or hub bearing that's causing the sound, it's very annoying especially at night. we already tried overhauling the caliper once and we removed and clean the pistons that pushed the calipers, but after a while the sound comes back again. i am really confused and bothered at the same time time. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jocon3 View Post
    good day to all! i would like to seek advice to all guru's out there regarding my problem on my car. there is this humming(ugong) sound from the right front of my car, i can't actually pinpoint if it's my caliper or hub bearing that's causing the sound, it's very annoying especially at night. we already tried overhauling the caliper once and we removed and clean the pistons that pushed the calipers, but after a while the sound comes back again. i am really confused and bothered at the same time time. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
    I am also hearing a humming sound (high pitch) at my engine's belt region (left side facing the hood) especially on early morning cold starts. It persists kahit naka-idle lang so in my case I didn't think it was in the brakes.

I hear it somewhere in the alternator or compressor, perhaps on one of those bearings ... although after some time the sound is gone especially pag maiinit na yung engine.

So my initial thought, it was just dew formation somewhere and that it goes away when the moving parts are getting oiled, bearings, belts getting warm etc.

Not sure if we have exactly the same case, but I'm with you on the humming sound..

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    btw, what 1.3 engine are we talking about pala?

mine's qg13de in the sentra gx with a similar humming sound as yours...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    we have the same engine mam, mine was modified with a 4-2-1 headers, a k&N filter, iridium spark plugs and fully synthetic oil. nyway mam, i think it was coming from my brakes, because whenever i hear the ugong sound and push my brake pedal, the sound disappear, and it usually start to manifest after a long drive... your humming sound may come from the engine belt or aircon belt, maybe an adjustment is all you need mam... sana hehehe...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    we have the same engine mam, mine was modified with a 4-2-1 headers, a k&N filter, iridium spark plugs and fully synthetic oil. nyway mam, i think it was coming from my brakes, because whenever i hear the ugong sound and push my brake pedal, the sound disappear, and it usually start to manifest after a long drive... your humming sound may come from the engine belt or aircon belt, maybe an adjustment is all you need mam... sana hehehe...
    Paps dont mam me Im a man ...
    Astig, kamusta 421 headers? Tumipid ba sa gas? And yung KNN mo cone ba o drop-in? Any plans na ituloy yang IHE mods mo? Plano ko din kasi, so I need feedback kung responsive sa IHE mods ang QG13DE

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    ganito din yung akin ... dinala ko sa casa, at ang findings nila wheel bearing ... yung tipong habang bimibilis lumalakas yung tunog, parang eroplano..... pinalitan naman nila ng walang bayad ....

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by BAKERO View Post
    ganito din yung akin ... dinala ko sa casa, at ang findings nila wheel bearing ... yung tipong habang bimibilis lumalakas yung tunog, parang eroplano..... pinalitan naman nila ng walang bayad ....
    Buti ok na yung sayo paps. Yung sakin pag cold start lang naman. Nawawala din after ilang minutes or pag maiinit na yung makina. Baka patingin ko na rin sa casa sa next pms.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ung sakin sir walang tunog kapag tumatakbo, kpg tumigil ako ng long drive tsaka uugong kpg stop tapos aandar ako, nakakabwiset nga e hehehe... ang tingin ko na culprit ay ang caliper piston pero d ko pinatsek, sinubukan ko na kasi overhaul un medyo kinalawang na... try ko papalitan sa casa...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sorry sir... actually gumanda ang hatak nya pro dapat tama lang ang laki ng headers and muffler, kpg sumobra bawas din ang power. cone type K&N ko pards, kya lang bumili ako simota, medyo bawas ang power kpg sobra ang laki ng filter and mas maganda ang tunog ng filter w/ casing lalo na kapag inapakan ang gas pedal. malaking tulong ang iridium plugs and fully synthetic na oil, ang gaan ng pakiramdam ng kotse...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    sorry sir... actually gumanda ang hatak nya pro dapat tama lang ang laki ng headers and muffler, kpg sumobra bawas din ang power. cone type K&N ko pards, kya lang bumili ako simota, medyo bawas ang power kpg sobra ang laki ng filter and mas maganda ang tunog ng filter w/ casing lalo na kapag inapakan ang gas pedal. malaking tulong ang iridium plugs and fully synthetic na oil, ang gaan ng pakiramdam ng kotse...
    Ayos ah. Parang gusto ko na rin i-try mag-pa IHE mods this May. Sana may makuha akong MAF-type na cone filter. Thanks paps.

nissan 1.3 humming sound