New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    In my experience, Nissan vehicles are built to last. Medyo nga lang pumangit ang perception ng mga Pinoy sa kanilang box-type na kotse. But those after that are solidly-built. Best aircon, one of the better headlights,- same with engine performance. Medyo mahal nga lang ang piyesa...

I am still keeping a Nissan vehicle. Actually, my favorite in our lot....

5101:pcwhack:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cArBoN View Post
    kaya daw mura ang selling price lalo na pag 2nd hand na dahil mahal daw ang parts at malakas sa gas! I wonder kung totoo po..kasi i plan to buy po eh,,,need advise lang...ty
    That's what they also say for the Mazda 323 - hehe.

When actually, it is the resale value of Corollas & Civics that is unnaturally high (compared to the Sentra) due to the common Filipino perception with the T & H badge.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    My father has a Nissan Sentra, very reliable car. Aircon is a thinly disguised refrigerator sa lamig hehehe. Fuel consumption depende naman sa apak mo, pero notice ko over long distances before reaches 12 kms/liter. Matipid na rin. If I were you go for it, granting na other variables are okay (body, engine, and other maintenance issues, why? para you will be unlike the others on the road today.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    and if I remember it right they were the first to introduced the all power features in their box type sentra, (power locks, windows, side mirrors) but maganda talaga ang marketing ng toyota at that time yun corolla 16 valves...hehehehe

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    ^^^ Sir di ba yun yung merong mga trumpets na commercial?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Aint true brad..i own a 97 sentra EX and it sure is a solid and reliable car, easy to maintain and relatively cheaper in terms of maintenance costs...my FC is around 9-10 kms/lt city driving and 15-16 km/lt hi-way (never exceeding 100 kph)...kaya am having difficulty letting go of it

its a 1400 but with mods like simota racing filter, hedders and grounding kit...the stock should make a little more in terms of FC...my 2 cents

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    halos lahat naman ng sasakyan reliable basta tama lang ang maintenance

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The only spare parts for the Sentra that are relatively expensive are the Calsonic aircon compressors... the rest of the spares for the Nissan are just as cheap (or expensive, for that matter) as same-quality spares for Toyota or Mitsubishi... we're talking about spares that'll last a few years, ha, not the crappy ones that taxi drivers use that break down after a week.

Aside from the fiddly electronics on the Exalta, have not had a Sentra that was problematic. The only time you'll have consumption problems with a Sentra is when the carburator is dirty (on the FE and other carburated models) or when the MAF sensor gets dirty/contaminated (on the "ECCS" and other EFI models). Either problem can be solved at home with a can of carb cleaner (for the carb) or contact cleaner (for the MAF) and about five minutes of work.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I had a sentra series III super saloon. A very reliable and economical car, 8 to 10 km/l city and 12 to 14 hiway. In my over 100K kilometers of owning it, parts that broke down were the alternator, radiator, power steering hose and suspension components.

IMO, a sportier drive than an AE101 corolla or an EK civic, which we also use to own and were the best sellers that time. steers and handles nicely and its a demon on the brakes, well most nissans are.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    yung series 3 sentra namin ang itataya kong pinakamatibay na engine sa mga taxi namin as compared with the 4G13 and 2E. then maganda din ang rear suspension ng series 3. napakatibay talaga. yung pang harap naman ang dali lang din patinuin. overall pangilalim maganda din. medyo hindi lang ako fond sa itsura ng likod ng series 3. pero ok na yung mga sumunod na version IMO.

tapos when it came to manual tranny, hindi ko rin type yung sa shifter link nito. gusto ko na talaga ang cable type link. less maintainance. carried over to the new sentra ang klase ng shifter link. pero, pinakamadali siyang ibukas na tranny as compared with a 5speed 2E tranny and a 4G13 tranny. kasing dali siya bukas as with a 4speed 2E tranny.

pagdating naman sa parts, may masmahal, may masmura...

nakakita na din ako ng sobrang ganda ng pagkasetup ng series 3.

overall, maganda ang series 3.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Nissa Sentra Series 3 Malakas Daw Sa Gas? True Or False?